on 7 April 2010
having bought many books since i strarted to making cards a few years ago i found that this was the best buy ever, first got it from our local library and was so impressed with the ease of being able to follow it i had to buy a copy for myself, would recommend it to any card maker.
on 5 May 2004
I bought this book a few weeks ago and it's great. The designs are not over complicated and with easy to follow instructions it's a book card makers will enjoy using. There are lots of ideas for different occasions - definitely a good buy!
on 9 January 2010
I bought this book as a Xmas present for my daughter, and as usual from Amazon the delivery was excellent. The book is very visual with page after page of colourful photographs and a great cover which shows much of what you get inside.
My daughter was very pleased with it and has already produced cards from ideas gained from the book.

Overall an excellent product
on 6 July 2007
The book lives up to its name "Quick and Clever Handmade Cards", but I was very disappointed by the materials in the kit. The cards are of poor quality and the rest of the material bears no resemblance to the designs in the book.
on 27 March 2010
I'm a new card maker so I like to look in magazines or books for ideas and for instruction. I got this one from the library and it's been so useful, I have renewed it twice and I'm going to have to buy my own copy. The cards are stylish and cover a range of techniques - all of which are clearly explained and photographed. I think I'll go back to the designs in this book for a long time to come.
on 19 August 2007
This was a fun easy to read little book. Contents of the kit were not much use for making quality cards but great for kids. Therefore making this an all round book for a little price and I think for beginners it is fantastic book of ideas.Not a book for experienced crafters.
This book gives ideas for birthdays, holidays, and celebrations.It gives lots of advice at the beginning and advice on equipment, paper etc,. In the rear of the card you will find templates for several of the projects and also sayings for the inside of your card. As I said this is a beginning to end of card making for early or first book on the subject.
on 15 September 2010
This attractive, wellpresented handbook for the home card-maker is full of ideas and suggestions for making and illustrating cards for special occasions from an artistic point of view.

However, what I needed was more information about basic materials needed:- types of paper and how to obtain them; permeability of photographic papers; types of cutting tools; printing methods and the economics of various methods, including postage restrictions on size and weight. In short, all those aspects of personal card-making which otherwise have to be discovered through trial and error. Names and addresses of good suppliers would have been helpful.

"Handmade Cards" does deal briefly with many of these aspects, but most of the publication was devoted to gimmicky layouts and visual effects of design. Few of the latter would have been appropriate for my needs, so although this is a good book for ideas I think it needs to be seen before making it a first choice for a novice card-maker.
on 28 June 2012
I bought this book when I was just starting to make cards and it was a great help, yes it does have some very simple cards and some that are made with everyday items but these were and are very on trend, although as with all things they may not be to everyones taste there is a good variety. Maybe not the best project/help book out there but it's one that I think everyone should get if they can. Browse the online taster and see for yourself. This is an all-round dependable, staple book that maybe a bit basic for advanced crafters but can be very useful for everyone else.
on 9 August 2011
I had borrowed another card book by the same author from my local library and decided to buy my self one for ongoing reference. It covers a lot of basic ideas and projects and I found it very helpful. Most of the items used are made from scratch which was also good as you don't have to spend lots of money on bought decorations.
on 26 October 2010
The cover has some good looking cards but inside 80% plus of the cards looked so tacky that I didn't even want to make similar ones! Very childlike. I give this book a 2 out of 5 due to the fact that it does have a lot of colour pictures in it. If it didn't have the pictures, I would rate it at 1 out of 5.