5.0 out of 5 stars problem solver, 11 Jun 2009
Mrs. H. K. Rubinstein "hopeful artist" (Benfleet Essex U.K) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Landscapes, Problems and Solutions: A Trouble-Shooting Guide (Drawing and Painting S.) (Paperback)
This is the ideal book for any artist who has looked at their work and seen a problem and hasn't been able to find a solution. No matter what level you are at the answers are clear and concise and very achieveable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Painting problem solving...., 14 May 2010
Driftwood (East Anglia UK) - See all my reviews
Trudy Friend does it again...a 'friend' to the painter/artist who makes mistakes....and shows how to correct the obvious errors.
Very well produced, and recommended.
I still make mistakes....who doesn't, ...but at least I can see what to do now.
All her books are great reference tools.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy learning, 25 Nov 2009
S. Sykes (Yorkshire. England) - See all my reviews
Very easy to understand and beautifully presented. I am enjoying reading it and trying out the various techniques. Of all the books of this type I find this one extremely user-friendly and would recommend this author and her books to any beginner.

5.0 out of 5 stars a very good art book, 27 Dec 2010
Well packaged -came on time - written by one of the most respected artist of our day, I have gained very valued knowledge from this book -it has helped me with my pencil drawing no end.

5.0 out of 5 stars It contains so many useful tips and hints, 2 July 2014
Having borrowed this book from the library and renewing it several times I decided it was something I wanted for reference and so now have one of my own for dipping into. It contains so many useful tips and hints.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this book, 27 Jan 2014
I like all Trudy Friends books especially the problem solving ones. Clear ideas and advice with inspiring illustrations.
Can highly recommend to all who want to tackle landscapes in a variety of mediums.

5.0 out of 5 stars thankyou, 22 Nov 2013
More help with my watercolour panting with this book. It is in good condition and arrived very quickly. I shall enjoy using it.

5.0 out of 5 stars A book for novices and improvers., 3 May 2012
P. Hayward "pacrumble" (Blackpool) - See all my reviews
An excellent reference book for all landscape artists whether beginners or improvers. I suggest reading all relevant chapters that cover your chosen medium(s) so you know the basic contents and then use it to refer to specific problems as and when they occur.

5.0 out of 5 stars Trudy is a great teacher, 15 April 2012
Wish I had bought this before all of the other drawing books. Easy for a newbie like me to follow. I am already seeing a big improvement to my drawing ability.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Very Good book from Trudy Friend, 11 Dec 2011
Clytie (Berkshire, England) - See all my reviews
I enjoy all Trudy Friend's books and find them very instructive. This one has helped me overcome some of the problems I was experiencing with landscapes. I have enjoyed the exercises immensely.