on 22 September 2009
For a compulsive fabric-hoarder this book is a got-to-have. With this book you can begin to cut down on the little bits and pieces as well as the odd half metres. Worth its weight in gold to the new patcher and quilter because the tips and hints are so useful. Illustrations are excellent and it has inspired me to design my own stash-busting quilts.
on 14 December 2007
I give Lynn a postive yes for this book. Easy to follow,good diagrams, clear instructions. As an applique beginner, I liked the applique 'daisy-type' pattern best, though some of the others gave me good ideas,1) flowery applique & 2)simple, but fast & effective triangle scrap, 3)used the colour combination of pink / green/ white pineapple in my own log cabin creation.
on 24 December 2008
Another very inspiring book from Lynne, have made one quilt from this book and currently working on a lantern quilt, using my stash of Kona Bay fabrics. Very good instructions and well presented and photographed projects.
on 6 January 2012
It is a nice book. Very helpful. Beautiful quilts for leftovers. Ideal for a gift to a friend. Designs are useful.
on 8 May 2011
A very useful book for a beginner quilter. Most patterns are manageable because istructions are very clear. Lots of lovely ideas that can be adapted to suit your needs. Don't forget that its main purpose is to use up scraps, and it certainly achieves that. Give it a try, as it is very reasonably priced!
on 10 May 2012
As someone who is new to quilting, this book is great and has lots of ideas on how to use up all my lovely (but scrap) fabric. I don't really like the fabric photographed in the books, but have used a couple of the templates using my own fabrics and they've turned out really well (Quillow in particular). However, be warned - if you're new to Quilting it really does take time!! One square (with the Quillow) took me at least an hour. Of course the more of the same square I do, the quicker I'll get as I won't need to keep referring to the instructions, but still, it's much slower (for me) than knitting/crochet etc. Well worth it though.

My only comment, and this is very much a personal opinion, but I normally like my craft books to be hardback and this is paperback, but really the content is more important so it's just an aesthetic thing. Definitely wouldn't put me off buying it over and over again!
on 12 January 2014
Have done a workshop with Lynn. She makes the mist amazing quilts and blocks using up all the
Small pieces of fabrics so nothing is wasted. Brilliant.
Would recommend this useful book for your patchwork library.
on 7 September 2010
This book has the kind of information all Quilt makers should have on their book shelf
to use from time to time to keep their material stash down to reasonable proportions.
on 4 July 2013
I love this book. It is from it that I had the idea to make the quillows for the grandchildren with a few alterations to suit the individual children. There are several other projects that I will be making when I have finished the EIGHT quillows. Could be sometime yet!!!
on 13 March 2015
If your stash is getting the upper hand this is a great book to help you bring it down to size again, and you'll have some lovely quilts at the end of it.
Great projects, suitable for all.