5.0 out of 5 stars Sampler Quilt Book Review
This is a really useful 'teach yourself' book for beginners. (I don't think it would have a lot to offer the expert quiltmaker). It contains step by step instructions for a number of different patchwork blocks, arranged more or less in order of difficulty. The 'quilt as you go' method is used, much less daunting for people who haven't tackled large projects before...
Published on 31 Aug. 2002

3.0 out of 5 stars confusing
A nicely presented book that is difficult to follow. I am a total beginner to quilting and I am struck by instructions I find hard. As an incredibly visual person I am easily drawn away from this book, There is way too much to read for someone like me who wants to just get started.
Published on 17 Sept. 2011 by K. A. Lowenthal-bell

‹ Previous | 1 2 37 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 29 Sept. 2010
This review is from: The Sampler Quilt Book (Paperback)
This is an excellent book for beginners & intermediate Quilters. If you work your way through beginning to end a beginner will learn most techniques needed for patchwork block making. As an intermediate quilter I am making the quilt in it's entirity but it will be used for reference for many years to come I'm sure!

4.0 out of 5 stars Quilting is fun!, 25 Nov. 2010
J. A. Lewis "Mad Granny 1" (Wiltshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Sampler Quilt Book (Paperback)
Good book with clear instructions. Lots of choices on block patterns, and as a novice patchworker I found it helpful.

It was useful to see illustrations of the same pattern in different colours - it showed just how different they can look and gave me encouragement to try mixing and matching colours and designs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful reference book., 13 Dec. 2012
This review is from: The Sampler Quilt Book (Paperback)
Book was just what I expected having another of L ynneEdwards books. Ideal for both the novice quilter and the more experienced. I found the instructions easy to follow and the various picture examples gave some good ideas as to colour and the effects of different placement of pieces in the individual blocks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal book for novice quilters, 6 Feb. 2013
Mrs. L. A. G. Andrews (u.k) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Sampler Quilt Book (Paperback)
I belong to a group which used this book to create a tablecloth which we exhibited at last years quilt show in Birmingham. Some of us were beginners and the clear instructions helped us to fulfill our aims. We are still using the book for current projects and I think all members now own a copy.

3.0 out of 5 stars confusing, 17 Sept. 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Sampler Quilt Book, 26 Nov. 2010
Roy Wilkinson (West Midlands UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Sampler Quilt Book (Paperback)
Being a novice quilter I wanted to try a sampler quilt, I have made four blocks with no help from anyone, the book is easy to understand & follow the step by step instructions. I have used hand and patchwork techniques. I shall carry on using this book & use it as a reference book.

5.0 out of 5 stars ne of the best quilting books I have, 10 Dec. 2010
This review is from: The Sampler Quilt Book (Paperback)
This book is excellent both for beginners as for more advanced quilters. All the blocks in the book are described in detail, so you can not go wrong! I have a shelf full of quilting encyclopedias and quilting manuals, but none of them is as comprehensive and useful as this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic, 21 Feb. 2014
This review is from: The Sampler Quilt Book (Paperback)
I needed a book with clear instruction, colour ideas and relatively easy to follow as I am a beginner.
I must say that I enjoy the books and find it fantastic to be able to find information as clear cut.
Buying from amazon has made it so easy.

5.0 out of 5 stars sampler/albumn quily books by Lynne Edwards, 16 Mar. 2013
This review is from: The Sampler Quilt Book (Paperback)
Great book witj easy to follow instructions, However I bought all three and you ony need the one that has all 40 blocks in it, That book is a compilation of the other two and has exactly the same blocks in it,

4.0 out of 5 stars PROMPT ARRIVAL, 7 Aug. 2011
Cj Dower - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Sampler Quilt Book (Paperback)
The book arrived very quickly -i was hoping it would be useful for a beginner but it lacks the simple diagrams in the lLnda Seward book on quilting but will be useful when i am up to speed with the basics

‹ Previous | 1 2 37 | Next ›

The Sampler Quilt Book
The Sampler Quilt Book by Lynne Edwards (Paperback - 25 April 2002)