5.0 out of 5 stars Sampler Quilt Book Review
This is a really useful 'teach yourself' book for beginners. (I don't think it would have a lot to offer the expert quiltmaker). It contains step by step instructions for a number of different patchwork blocks, arranged more or less in order of difficulty. The 'quilt as you go' method is used, much less daunting for people who haven't tackled large projects before...
Published on 31 Aug 2002

3.0 out of 5 stars confusing
A nicely presented book that is difficult to follow. I am a total beginner to quilting and I am struck by instructions I find hard. As an incredibly visual person I am easily drawn away from this book, There is way too much to read for someone like me who wants to just get started.
Published on 17 Sep 2011 by K. A. Lowenthal-bell

5.0 out of 5 stars Sampler Quilt Book Review, 31 Aug 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: The Sampler Quilt Book (Paperback)
Instructions are detailed, nicely illustrated, and don't assume any prior knowledge.
What's especially good are the illustrations of quilts made by learners on the author's quiltmaking course - they are ordinary people, and you can see how a quilt will REALLY look as opposed to how it might look when made by an expert.
And even though the quilts shown aren't perfect, they are all beautiful, which is very reassuring!

5.0 out of 5 stars A useful beginner's book, 1 July 2005
This review is from: The Sampler Quilt Book (Paperback)
This lovely book contains fully illustrated instructions on how to make a sampler quilt using twenty quilt blocks, each of which uses a different patchwork technique.
It's an excellent guide for the beginner or for someone who has made a couple of quilts and wants to learn more about different techniques. The book includes both hand and machine pieced techniques and the gallery photos show pictures of quilts made from beginners in Lynne Edwards's classes. This is a feature I like because not only does it show what the quilts look like when made by relatively experienced workers, it shows that the quilt can be made by someone who is new to quiltmaking and also gives you some idea of how the blocks look in different colourways.
This is a book that is enjoyable to look at as well as to work from and can be recommended to anyone looking for a clear, comprehensive manual of quiltmaking techniques.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have for Quiters, 23 May 2009
Mrs. A. M. Jenkins "Alison" (Hampshire England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Sampler Quilt Book (Paperback)
The Sampler quilt book has been brilliant tool in helping me learn make my samples foe my first quilt.
The instructions are clear and I have leanrt from previous mistakes. Now that I have made enough for my quilt I shall carry on and make up the rest of the examples for the next one.
I would thoroughly recommend this book to anyone starting to do quilting.

5.0 out of 5 stars a sampler quilt book, 2 May 2009
This review is from: The Sampler Quilt Book (Paperback)
i purchase this book for my myself and it is one of the best books to buy. it is easy to understand, full of practical information. one of the best books on the market also i have sent a copy to my sister - in - law in australia. and since bought other books by lynne edwards.

4.0 out of 5 stars sampler quilt book, 12 May 2014
C (WARWICK, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Sampler Quilt Book (Paperback)
a definite for any quilter. easy to read and instructions for use are good.
worth every penny.
I use it alot.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 23 April 2014
This review is from: The Sampler Quilt Book (Paperback)
I bought this book on recommendation from a friend and she was not wrong. It covers everything I need to know and I find that the projects are very clear to follow. Perfect.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Sampler Quilt book, 22 April 2014
This review is from: The Sampler Quilt Book (Paperback)
This was bought as a present and was very well received. Latest report from the recipient said that two cushions had been made using very clear instructions.

5.0 out of 5 stars Basic patterns for quilters, 17 April 2014
J. Ready "constant reader" (Somerset, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Sampler Quilt Book (Paperback)
I use this as a reference book for my patchwork & quilting class. Excellent 'how to' instructions, a good buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars learning curve, 6 April 2014
This review is from: The Sampler Quilt Book (Paperback)
Inspirational, couldn't wait to get started, learnt lots of new techniques. Easy to understand, useful diagrams and helpful simple instructions.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic, 21 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Sampler Quilt Book (Paperback)
I needed a book with clear instruction, colour ideas and relatively easy to follow as I am a beginner.
I must say that I enjoy the books and find it fantastic to be able to find information as clear cut.
Buying from amazon has made it so easy.

The Sampler Quilt Book
The Sampler Quilt Book by Lynne Edwards (Paperback - 25 April 2002)
10.49