5.0 out of 5 stars Great book
Love these books a great insight to understanding the world from the horses point of view...some great advice looking forward to reading more
Published 2 months ago by Fiona Daniells

2.0 out of 5 stars Not exactly comprehensive.....
Published on 12 May 2007 by Looby Lou

2.0 out of 5 stars Not exactly comprehensive....., 12 May 2007
This review is from: The Q&A Guide to Understanding Your Horse (Hardcover)
I have many books on natural horsemanship from a variety of authors (Richard Maxwell, Kely Marks etc) so I thought I would try a new perspective. I have to say I was very disappointed by this book. There are plenty of questions but not very many answers. The solutions to the 'problems' are not very comprehensive, in fact you would be hard pressed to follow any of them as they leave you with too many further questions. For instance (and this is not a quote from the book!), "if your horse won't do 'X', you need to get it to do 'X' by doing 'Y'" but then it doesn't exactly tell you how to do 'Y'! There are some suggestions but the author does not go into enough detail about how to solve these problems. I have a fairly good knowledge of natural horsemanship techniques but I still felt 'shortchanged' by this book, so for someone who has no experience in this field at all, they would be wise to steer clear. There are much clearer, more detailed books on this subject in my opinion. I have given this book 2 stars simply for the fact that it is 'thought provoking' and will possibly get you to question more traditional horsemanship methods.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 5 May 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 1 Mar 2014
A great book, michael writes really well and I love his books and his ethos. This is easy to read and you can flit from onecsection to another. It covers most areas you need. Very pleased

5.0 out of 5 stars Al my questions answered in one book., 28 Jun 2013
This review is from: The Q&A Guide to Understanding Your Horse (Hardcover)
excellent reading and training tips to solve problems with a horse. Especially useful for jumping ditches and general spookiness in my horse.

3.0 out of 5 stars arrived quickly, 12 Dec 2010
This review is from: The Q&A Guide to Understanding Your Horse (Hardcover)
I'm sure the book is very good but I couldn't really get into it. Maybe I will read it again later

The Q&A Guide to Understanding Your Horse
The Q&A Guide to Understanding Your Horse by Lesley Bayley (Hardcover - 25 Oct 2002)
Used & New from: 0.01