5.0 out of 5 stars Simply brilliant
Published on 23 Jun 2005 by bluecougar25

2.0 out of 5 stars disappointing
I've only knitted two projects from this book and found them both disappointing. The horse is not shaped as you knit but by stitching in folds after you've knitted a long sock shape. This also makes stuffing the finished item awkward as you have to stuff carefully to avoid the bulk of the seam showing.
I would have returned this book if I hadn't creased one of the...
Published 21 months ago by shell

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply brilliant, 23 Jun 2005
This review is from: World of Knitted Toys (Paperback)
There are quite a lot of knitted toy patterns out there, and with many, you end up with a knitted thing that happens to be animal shaped. This book thankfully turns that around, and you find yourself creating animals that just happen to be knitted. The range is astounding: presented in themed sets, you're taken from the jungle via the farmyard and ocean to the arctic and beyond, with patterns for lions, tigers and bears, cats, dogs, pigs, wombats, penguins, a horse and rider, dolphins, whales, an amazing sea turtle with patterned shell, monkeys, orang utangs and people too. Most patterns have a large and small version, and there's a list at the front of which are the easier and which the more challenging patterns, though none of them are too difficult for an advanced beginner, and you can always knit stripey creatures in one colour, or just make the littlest version to begin with. The designs are easy to follow and make up into lovely toys that will delight kids and older folk alike; this should keep you happily knitting for several years with the range of designs, the only problem is trying to pick just one at a time to work on.

4.0 out of 5 stars A great and inspiring book, 20 Nov 2005
Randi Knudsen (Copenhagen, Denmark) - See all my reviews
This review is from: World of Knitted Toys (Paperback)
When I ordered this book I just couldn't wait until it arrived...and when the mailman finally delivered it I was thrilled! The patterns are great and already I've finished a turtle for my niece (and she loves to play with it). The patterns are easy to follow and I can warmly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, Wonderful Book, 3 May 2008
Rosey Lea (london, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: World of Knitted Toys (Paperback)
This is the most fun knitting book I've ever seen. I was over the moon when I saw it and thrilled to bits with the clear patterns and my own finished results.

My own knitting skills don't extend much beyond scarves, but these gorgeous, happy knitted animals are so easy to make even I can enjoy knitting them and have good results.

Not only perfect for knitted toy fans, but brilliant for beginners who are sick of knitting squares!

5.0 out of 5 stars Joyful toys, 15 Nov 2002
This review is from: World of Knitted Toys (Paperback)
I bought this book a couple of years ago, and it's almost worn out! I haven't made all the designs, because the book contains so much. I've usually made one model for my kids, and when it's finished all their friends start ordering the same animals, so it will take some time to work through the whole book.
The descriptions are very accurate, and there are patterns both for beginners and experts. The animals turn out very lively and natural, and the kids have great fun playing with them, almost as much as I had knitting them. I can really recomend this book for all playful knitters. Now I'm about to start my third kangaroo... Have fun knitting!

5.0 out of 5 stars Knitted toys - knitting joys!!, 2 Jan 2009
Fiona L. Meikle "FiMe" (Lancaster, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: World of Knitted Toys (Paperback)
In a nutshell - a real delight!! Its beautifully produced - light enough to be handled whilst knitting to the patters; large enough to provide large, glossy, fun photos of the animals; range is varied enough to provide interest for years to come, with animals from every continent!! A pleasure to have and hold - and one to dive into with needles at the ready!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Knitting Pattern Book, 5 July 2010
This review is from: World of Knitted Toys (Paperback)
My wife has been knitting animals recently so we sent off for this book. This book is recommended reading for needle enthusiasts - patterns straightforward and plentiful. There is an animal knitting pattern in this book to suit every taste !!

4.0 out of 5 stars World of Knitted Toys, 26 Sep 2008
This review is from: World of Knitted Toys (Paperback)
This is a super book for the experienced knitter/toymaker, who will find the toys easy to make and so much more lifelike than other knitted animals and dolls. For a beginner, though, the instructions need to be more fully interpreted, they are not clear enough and don't always create what you see in the excellent photos. I am lucky enough to be able to change the instruction so that I can make the ears, hands etc at least as good as the pictures, but my mum had difficulty understanding the instructions. The author is obviously a nature lover and has written paragraphs about each of the animals which is nice but it's all stuff you would be familiar with, and the space would have been better used with more detailed knitting instructions. Having said that I'm sure I'll use this book again and again. It's a good buy for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good book, 31 May 2011
Susie Q "Bob's wife" (Wirral Cheshire) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: World of Knitted Toys (Paperback)
This is a really good book with lots of lovely patterns. I am crocheting at the moment but Iam looking forward to having a go at one of the animals.It is awell written book with lots of animals and one knitted girl. I particularly like the koala bear and baby.Lovely pictures and good instructions. If you love to knit have a go with this book. It is charming!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Novice Knitter But I Can Do It!, 3 Sep 2012
This review is from: World of Knitted Toys (Paperback)
Wow! I was sceptical that I would actually be able to do any of these projects justice, but I was very pleasantly surprised! This book is great and the toys are really cute. Even the 'challenging' patterns are relatively easy. Trust me, if I can do it, anyone can! The instructions are easy to follow but if you need to, you can look up techniques on YouTube. A great book! Glad I took the risk!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, but toys are quite large, 19 May 2012
This review is from: World of Knitted Toys (Paperback)
Great book with fantastic ideas, however, many of the toys are quite large. The people are 11.5", adult monkey 26", baby 17", wombat 7", penguins 5.5-9", the cats 5", pigs 8" & 5", beaver 16.5"chick 2.5", clownfish 10", turtle (really nice) 10". The chipmunk is really cute but 8"excluding tail. The information given about the animal is interesting eg. how to tell the age of a turtle . These toys, being large would be lovely to cuddle but my own preference is for smaller toys. Still a great book. Hope this helps prospective buyers.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›
ARRAY(0xa80b7894)

World of Knitted Toys
World of Knitted Toys by Kath Dalmeny (Paperback - 31 May 2001)
Used & New from: 24.75