5.0 out of 5 stars Just right
Published 9 months ago by tommyr

3.0 out of 5 stars helpful for reflection
Once again I have found this helpful for reflection. For travel it would be easier if it also contained the releant Bibl text, although this would make it very bulky.
Published 6 months ago by Judy Harris

5.0 out of 5 stars Just right, 14 Dec 2013
I love this book. I had last year's edition too. Each day's entry contains two readings, and the relevant psalmody, plus a commentary on one of the readings and a collect. Thus it enables me to read an old testament and a new testament passage, as well as a psalm (or two if I want) every day, which, coupled with private prayer, makes a useful basic frame of daily worship. It's not a book of hours, but it is great for those of us who are too busy to read much or engage in lectio divina on a daily basis. The commentaries are well-written an though-provoking. A word to Kindle users: it is useful to have 2 or even 3 Bibles on your Kindle, so you don't have to find pages all the time, as the OT and NT readings tend to follow each other day by day over particular seasons.

5.0 out of 5 stars Daily Prayer, 26 Jan 2014
This review is from: Reflections for Daily Prayer: Advent 2013 to Christ the King 2014 (Religion) (Paperback)
This is the third year I have used this book either with a small group at church or on my own and find it really helpful. It keeps me
focused on the Lectionary and readings and gives an excellent structure for worship. I use every day at home and when I`m away as well. I`m very grateful to the compilers and contributors for their wisdom and reflections

5.0 out of 5 stars Concise and often thought provoking, 9 Jan 2014
I use the daily office and needed something to make me pause a little over the reading. This text, which I use on the Kindle, has three sections for each day: the references for the RCL readings for Morning Prayer, a reflection on one of the readings, and the daily collect. I find the reflection usually has something useful to say to make me think more deeply about the Bible passage so this does the job for me. A variety of authors contribute; typically each one covers a two week period so if the current person does not quite do it for you, another one will be along soon.

4.0 out of 5 stars Reflections for Daily Prayer - Advent 2013 - Christ the King 2014, 24 Dec 2013
Great Daily read - I used to have Light for our Path every day, but I prefer the approach as the other publication could be on the 'evangelical' side at times. I shall buy it again

5.0 out of 5 stars Helpful...., 13 Feb 2014
Very helpful for guiding with daily prayer and bible readings very easy to follow format would totally recommend this book

5.0 out of 5 stars Daily Prayer, 16 Jan 2014
It provides a good insight to the daily readings and something to think about for the day. It has a broad range of contributors.

5.0 out of 5 stars A useful and stimulating book., 9 Jan 2014
Paul Bell (Isle of Wight) - See all my reviews
This is the second year that I have had this book and it is a useful aid for personal devotion. Each day (except Sundays!) it provides a psalm and readings from the Old and New Testaments with a short commentary on one of the readings.

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 star purchase, 28 Dec 2013
I have been using this publication for a number of years. I have always found the material helpful. Full marks

5.0 out of 5 stars Reflections that speak to me., 10 Dec 2013
wj (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This book for Quiet Time is just right. The Bible readings chosen are accompanied by reflections with a punch line! A focus for the day.

5.0 out of 5 stars reflections, 17 Nov 2013
This book is ideal for those who are on 'the move' because it provides a daily form of service as well as all the relevant information from the lectionary for the day. The scripture observations provided for each day are concise and yet prove a challenge to the reader in how life can be lived and experienced. Well worth having in the suitcase, duffle bag or stall.

Reflections for Daily Prayer: Advent 2013 to Christ the King 2014 (Religion)
Reflections for Daily Prayer: Advent 2013 to Christ the King 2014 (Religion) by Church House Publishing (Paperback - 31 May 2013)