Format: Hardcover|Change

on 22 November 2013
I first purchased a publication by master craftsman & Culinary genius Chef Daniel Patterson's around 2004 this was pre - COI opening. He wrote one brilliant concept cookbook about essential oil. It's one of my all time favorite cookbooks.

I have since been following Sir Paterson on a more interesting level since his amazing restaurant COI opened, I have always read his articles as well as follow as many interview he has made.

I appreciate his genius interpretation of modern American/California cuisine. I have been waiting for his second book for almost 10 years but let me tell you It's well worth the wait!

If you are looking for a book and you are a fairly gifted cook then to copy his recipes don't buy it. You will end up writing unappreciative comments on here and that's just not a cool thing to do.

But if you are looking for a book which will inspire you by each of story how he constructed the dishes and an evolution of this great chef through times, then rest assured this is the book for you.

I am glad to see that finally chefs in USA are writing non-commercial driven cookbook, a cookbook which signified a chef and his restaurant.

Sadly, it is often hard to find this kind of book in a world class talent chefs. Just there are some pictures totally unrelated. I will not comment on it.

One publishing house to be named is ******* they can do a much better job by filling those books with a picture of chef, his restaurant, or his kitchen members. I have to admit that they do have some of the best chefs Globally on thier "books" and a few publications are amazing but on the whole they are just not there..

My only one tiny grip is some fonts in the book are hard to read.

But personally can't wait for him to write his 3rd book and I am sure you will feel exactly the same.
Its a tribute to Californiacation as the RHC would say..
on 19 February 2014
Excellent narrative, pictures and instructions in my opinion. But with any cook-book of this style, its every day practicality is very limited. Beautiful cuisine.
on 24 June 2015
great
on 4 March 2016
good
on 14 September 2015
Good
on 16 March 2014
My son wanted this book for his birthday as he wanted to read and try some of the recipes for his clients.