Format: Hardcover|Change

on 10 January 2010
For those who thrive on traditional recipes from our near neighbours this is essential , full of easy to follow recipes both current and forgotten ... I think we have enough new ideas to try for the foreseeable future
on 27 March 2013
I would have to recommend this to everyone in the whole world....probably because the recipes like Roast Woodcocks take me back to a lovely time in my childhood when food was prepared like this.....it has enlivened my appetite for cooking, and I want to try every recipe I read, time to stop writing and to start cooking, do not fail to add this book to your repertoire it is probably the only book you will need.....melock
on 15 February 2010
Great book, if your looking for all kinda recipes, but it doesnt offer you the "Cooking for dummies" element, but a lot of the recipes are easy, so don't worry, it has most of the classic recipies you need, i might say that i like this better then 1080 recipies and the silverspoon. but thats problerly my own likes in the world of food!
on 31 May 2013
This is probably France's answer to Delia, though it predates Delia by decades. This is a great beginners book and perfect for quick ideas. However the instructions are very brief so if you are an anxious cook you might want more detailed instructions. Book arrived in near perfect condition! A fabulous bargain!
on 29 December 2009
i bought this book for my girlfriend for christmas (risky i know!) she loved it and we have made two recipes already. its easy to follow and has loads of info in it as well as a huge amount of recipes! would 100% recommend this to anyone who loves cooking.
on 6 January 2011
We have heard a lot about this book while in France and I must say if you like good cooking it is certaintly worth the money and great reading. A great food bible just like Mrs Beetons !
on 3 February 2016
This was greatly received as a Christmas present for my husband who wanted classic French cooking. Especially good for all those sauces. Packed with great recipes.
on 28 May 2014
I love this cook book. It is quiet simply my best French cook book and the one to which I usually turn for ideas. Interesting reading and clear photographs.
on 7 January 2010
It's a good read, excellent and straightforward traditional French recipes, most not too complicated. And it even tells you how to make your own lard!
on 6 January 2013
This book is very good and in detail when it comes to french cuisine.
Very good and easy to follow both for amateurs and for professionals.