5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding - comprehensive, practical, beautifully printed.
I bought this book after reading a review in one of the Sunday papers. It is a gem. It presents the authentic face of modern Spanish cooking and it's influences, as well as a comprehensive selection of older classics. In addition, in this English edition, it takes time to explain terms and techniques that you might not be familiar with.

It makes a great present...
Published on 6 Mar. 2008 by Roger Sharp

3.0 out of 5 stars 1080 recipies, but what 1080 recipies.
Like the "silver spoon"(Italy) got massive likes, the "I know how too cook"(France), and then this 1080 recipes(Spain), are full of dishes found in the country, without giving me lust for cooking any recipe. Most are so simple combos, that you already know what is gonna be like. The I know how too cook is the best of the 3 books, even without being my...
Published 11 months ago by Marc Ingvorsen

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic authentic recipes, 9 Feb. 2009
This review is from: 1080 Recipes (Hardcover)
I love this book - I bought it for my sister who is a lover of Spanish food, and this book details all the staples and then some. I love the colour illustrations making this book something to look at for hours and never get bored of!

4.0 out of 5 stars good value for money, 24 Feb. 2009
E. S. Rodero - See all my reviews
This review is from: 1080 Recipes (Hardcover)
It is a must have in the kitchen for professionals and amateurs as a piece of reference.

2.0 out of 5 stars 2nd hand book - quality incorrectly described by amazon vendor, 17 May 2014
This review is from: 1080 Recipes (Hardcover)
The general quality of the book was good with one great exception. The book was torn just inside the cover the full length of the spine and the spine itself was visible. As this is a large heavy book it would soon break apart. So book returned via amazon. I was lucky as the book was supplied on behalf of amazon or the cost of return would have been unacceptable.

2.0 out of 5 stars 1080 recipes, 23 Nov. 2011
This review is from: 1080 Recipes (Hardcover)
Just received this book but very disapointed, I wanted a book with authentic spanish recipes, this book is just recipes of When I read the reviews I was so looking forward to receiving it, wish I had saved my money, Will find out if I can send it back it was not wrapped so lets hope i can & but another one. If you want a book with true spanish food in it don't buy this one. (sorry for spelling)

4.0 out of 5 stars 1080 recipes, 30 Oct. 2009
D. J. Bookman - See all my reviews
This review is from: 1080 Recipes (Hardcover)
A good overall collection of recipes from Spanish cooking that has the bonus of a series of illustrations from Mariscal.

2.0 out of 5 stars Daunting, 9 Jun. 2011
T. Jacobs "TBear" (Germany) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 1080 Recipes (Hardcover)
Received this as a gift and not me. no being a seasoned cook myself AT ALL, find this a tad daunting. Although I have a distaste for celebrity chef compendiums of ''its OK to binge on cream at midnight, chocolate watch me ooze'' nonsense, this book just frightens me. Been sitting on my shelf a huge misplaced doorstopper on my windowsill and and have no idea even where to start. Not having a lot of time to my disposal (i.e. Sunday cooking experimental), its a bit of a gamble trying something out and finding it too bland, too oily or whatever the case might be. And I agree with the previous reviewer, the recipes look bland. Still I have not tried anything, and 1 million+ Spaniards cannot be wrong, just wished for a bit more direction.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

1080 Recipes
1080 Recipes by Simone Ortega (Hardcover - 4 Oct. 2007)
Used & New from: £20.33