Format: Hardcover|Change

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 25 March 2007
I already own Earthsong by Bernard Edmaier and that is why I ordered Patterns of the Earth. I was not disappointed, there are colour images virtually on every page (225 pages). Unlike Earthsong it is not a heavy book and can fit into my handbag. Under each image, we are told where it was photographed - I only wish I could go to all these places! As a person who loves abstracts, I can only say that this book is stunning and is an absolute steal at this price. It is well set out, sections for example marked, bands, stripes, circles, spots, grains to name but a few. I am sure anyone who buys this book will be captivated by it. A truly beautiful book.
on 5 July 2009
Patterns of the Earth
there was no way of knowing how small the book is so most of the photos are only 10cm square. Some are double page spreads but that means a fold down the middle.
on 11 February 2009
As a painter and photographer and having an interest in geology I found this book an excellent inspiration. The photographs of various swirling, rippling and curving rock formations and aerial shots of meandering rivers(and more)are stunning and such high quality and with just the right amount of text and information that is easy to understand. Also..its small enough to fit in your pocket....Altogether I would say...a beautiful book!
on 31 January 2009
It's a beautifully photographed book, and have some amazing and breathtaking pictures but towards over half way through the book, there is a feeling of much of much the same. Was planning to buy the Earthsong but will hold back until I can have a browse through in a bookshop first.
All in all it is a nice book to have.
on 4 December 2015
All the photos you'd love to take - out of interest at the immense detail and variety of nature, and also as a valuable source of inspiration for artwork.
Just looking through the book is awe-inspiring: the quality of the photography, the close up detail, the ariel views that reveal patterns we don't see at ground level, and not least, awseome nature itself: animal, water, land, sky - patterns everywhere!
on 24 April 2016
Fantastic photos... very useful to me as I love to paint abstract paintings & this is a mine of ideas for just a few pence! 10/10
on 9 March 2009
excellent book of amazing photographs - great for pattern making in printing / ceramics etc
on 24 July 2007
I think that this book has some absolutley awsome images. I wasn't dissapointed at all with this book and i would recomend other people to buy it. There are just some stunning photos which just kind of proves thats if you want to be a serious photographer you have to travel the world.