5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Source of Inspiration
I love this book and can never tire of it, every time I open it I find something new.
Well wort the money, and more!
Published on 12 Oct 2010 by hari

1.0 out of 5 stars Ugh...
Published on 28 Dec 2010 by MoQingbird

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Source of Inspiration, 12 Oct 2010
This review is from: Vitamin D: New Perspectives in Drawing (Themes) (Hardcover)
Well wort the money, and more!

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic Value and enjoyment, 8 April 2009
This is a wonderful book to obtain for a look at the array of post modern art on drawings. Beautifully produced - but text is tiny and printed in grey - which has a lovely visual affect but terrible for my poor eye sight! but HEH - THE DRAWINGS ARE FULL PAGE, OR MORE AND BEAUTIFULLY PRINTED. So treat yourself time and time again at the images to be enjoyed in this book. It is such a good value and a treat to have on any book shelf. So glad that another art student brought it in one day - because a quick look through this and I was home ordering myself a copy. You will see if you buy your own. the paper they use feels luxurious too. Nice to see a work of art on art!

4.0 out of 5 stars Helpful, 18 Oct 2013
I'm studying Fine Art so it has inspired me with ideas and lots of artists to research whenever I'm at a dead end. The book is printed upon good quality paper and overall, is a special book; however lugging mine around has already scuffed and torn a little :( There is a substantial amount of information on each artist and lots of good examples of their work.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 24 Dec 2012
A thorough exploration of contemporary drawing practices, with images from a wide section of the international arts community, highly recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Vitamin D, 9 Nov 2007
W. Hussain "Poet-all" (UK) - See all my reviews
This is a good book giving a visual and descritive insight into many artists. It explores their view and outlook and anspiration for art. I was recomended this book from my arts mentor to help in my development and feel it has done the trick. it brings art from all over the world and analysis it intellectually. although i don't like some of the art it still gives me an understanding of form and presentation. it is printing on good quality paper and is a book that you will flick through time and time again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good reference book, 8 Dec 2009
I think this is a really good reference book on contemporary drawing, however if you are looking for something with traditional drawing this probably isn't the book for you.

I am interested to know though about other buyers reviews, the pages on the right hand side of my copy are not cut smoothly so I sent it back as amazon couldn't tell me if it was meant to be like this but the next copy was like this aswell but I am not convinced this is right, the down side to this is that you can't flick through the pages easily and it's not the sort of book you read in one go.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 17 Aug 2014
Great buy. A really nice book!

1.0 out of 5 stars Ugh..., 28 Dec 2010
I ordered this after falling for the stunning Vitamin Ph book in this series. I was hugely disappointed in what passes for drawing in contemporary art, just as I was with the work done on the Illustration MA that ran along side my Photography MA. 'Self-obsessed', 'puerile', 'sixth-form' and 'juvenilia' are some of the words that spring to mind; 'elegant', 'inspiring', 'intriguing' and 'sophisticated' are not. (And Vitamin P is not much better.)

If you're into contemporary drawing already, then you probably know what to expect from this book, so what you get shouldn't be a disappointment.

If you're just into drawing FOR THE LOVE OF IT, and not FOR THE FINE ART OF IT, then you may be very shocked by what passes for drawing in this book. Conceptually it's contents may be all kinds of wonderful (though it leaves me cold), but *technically* 99.9% of it is on a parr with what my kids do when they're drawing Pokemon.

Vitamin D: New Perspectives in Drawing (Themes)
Vitamin D: New Perspectives in Drawing (Themes) by Igor Zabel (Hardcover - 10 Oct 2005)
25.97