5.0 out of 5 stars such a good addition, 24 Feb 2011
B. Alonso "balo" (spain) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Constable (Hardcover)
I got this book as I had a gap in my collection of the great Constable.I am an artist and learn from these books as well as a source of inspiration so the quality of the pictures is paramount to me.I wasnt disappointed with this book.Beautiful images and insightful writing.The images cover everything....sketches in oil,ink and pencil to the finished pieces.Great value too.You wont regret this purchase.I bought it without any reviews but Phaidon are generally good but this exceeded my expectations!.

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely well written and infomative, 12 Jan 2012
This review is from: Constable (Hardcover)
Although slightly bias (as Jonathan Clarkson was my lecturer at university), this was everything I expected and not surprisingly in the slightest, much more. The book is written in a way that is very informative but also very easy to read and digest which was always a trademark of his unique and affective style of lecturing. 'Constable' is an amazing book and would be a wise choice for any art lover (and/or any art book junkie like myself) as it explains such in-depth research from the early work of Constabe involving the politics of land-ownership to the latter and more well known works all explained with the passion and intellect Jonathan delivers so easily and so well. Aside from the text the book is printed beautifully and offers insight into preparatory sketches and close-up's of the paintings. One of the best (of a vast intake) books I bought last year and well worth a read.

Terry Rhodes

5.0 out of 5 stars would recommend. Thank, 13 July 2014
This review is from: Constable (Hardcover)
Item as described, prompt delivery, would recommend.Thank you

Constable
Constable by Jonathan Clarkson (Hardcover - 25 Sep 2010)
31.96