Format: Paperback|Change

on 29 October 2014
Should have been more careful reading the reviews. The price was too good to be true. This is a greatly shrunken version of what I was expecting. You get what you pay for, I suppose.
on 18 March 2013
This seems to be a good selection of photographs and I enjoy looking through the book. I think this would be good for experts and newcomers but I'm a newcomer so I cant be sure. :)
on 30 August 2011
Needed for sons photography A Level Course. Some excellent pictures inside produced by various photographers and artists. Very good value for money. The book is quite weighty.
on 4 February 2014
Nice book with a great range of images by different photographers - one image per photographer. Useful for finding new photographers whose work may be of interest. My only disappointment is the very small size of the book. When this series was originally published you could get a much larger version which doesn't seem to be available any longer, I would happily have paid a lot more for the format I have others like The Art Book in.
on 14 December 2011
I honestly think that this book is just too small, the writing is very small and I strained to read it after a while even though I was wearing my glasses.

The images are 1st class, a great variation of topics and artists from over 100 years. The info is quite good too when you require the story of each picture.

It's quite good, but if you can find a larger version then I'd recommend you get that one.
on 12 February 2016
This book is wonderful - the only reason it didn't get 5 stars is that it is small. I couldn't afford the full size version. The small one has very small print.
on 7 May 2013
Essential for quick and easy research into traditional and contemporary photographers, need an updated one though, or at least one with more modern photographers!
on 5 February 2016
Great book that includes 500 photographers from the past. Talks a bit about the photographer and one of their works. I use is as inspiration for my own work.
on 28 June 2013
Bought this because a friend of mine is studying photography and we talk about images on the phone so I can now see what she means, great book
on 8 January 2013
500 photographers in alphabetical order with a short, sometimes too interpretive, description. A good reference. I recommend the large format.