5.0 out of 5 stars Real Face of Homelessness
Published on 31 May 2001

1.0 out of 5 stars Oh no!
I downloaded this book to my kindle as I am going on holiday. I thought I was getting a novel not a script I am so disappointed. It should be made much clearer on the sales site
Published 10 months ago by Mr Stephen and Margaret Murphy

5.0 out of 5 stars Real Face of Homelessness, 31 May 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: Cathy Come Home (Paperback)
Sandford's 'Cathy Come Home' details the issue of homelessness and the life of a young woman in 1960s London as she moves from her own home, to council accomodation, and finally emergency accomodation for the homeless before being evicted and her children taken into care. It is a harrowing and emotive screenplay of the '60s television docu-drama which caused social upheaval upon its transmission and caused the homeless charity 'Shelter' to be formed. Although often distressing to read, I cannot recommend this book highly enough as it truly will change the way you look at the issue. Perhaps the most tragic thing of all is the preface to the re-printed edition which discusses how the issue of homelessness is now worse today than it was when Sandford decided to document it with this amazing play.

4.0 out of 5 stars cathy come home, 13 Oct. 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: Cathy Come Home (Paperback)
i am reading this book at college.
we are reading two chapters every week as home work.
we then discuss as a group & share our views.
I am finding the book very intersting.
it's very true to life, things like that did happen in 1967 & still happen now!
it's quite harrowing & hard going in parts but, it's an eye opener!!!!!!!!!
well worth reading

1.0 out of 5 stars Oh no!, 3 April 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Mortal coil, 11 Aug. 2013
Compellingly-told tale, unstoppable downward spiral. Looking forward to watching the DVD, this text leaps off the page. Salutary reading in the context of spare room regulation!

1.0 out of 5 stars Cathy come home, 3 May 2012
This review is from: Cathy Come Home (Paperback)
I was very disappointed in this book, I was not aware it was written in the format of a script and it was hard going, taking almost all of the enjoyment out of reading it, I found myself skimming over most of it to get to the finish.

Cathy Come Home
Cathy Come Home by Jeremy Sandford (Paperback - 1 Sept. 1976)