4.0 out of 5 stars Warriors to the End of Time
I first read this book back in 2007 when it was first published; whilst going back through my book collection I found it once again. Having my fascination stirred again by the terracotta warriors I dusted it off and decided to re-read it.

Published on 22 April 2012 by A. Standen

3.0 out of 5 stars terracotta warriors
Published on 3 Feb 2008 by G. I. Forbes

4.0 out of 5 stars Warriors to the End of Time, 22 April 2012
A. Standen (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Terracotta Warriors (Hardcover)

It may only be 96 pages long but this is a very accessible book to read for anyone. If you have next to no knowledge of the warriors then this is the perfect place to start. The book gives you a brief insight into why they were created and by who. You get taken into their world and get to see not only the foot soldiers but the generals, chariots, civil officials and the acrobats who were to entertain the emperor even in death. All (plus many more) were created with startling realism.

Granted if you already know a lot about the terracotta warriors then your not going to learn much more here but I'd still advise reading the book due to the astonishing pictures enclosed within.

A great book containing a look back at a bygone age.

3.0 out of 5 stars terracotta warriors, 3 Feb 2008
G. I. Forbes (edinburgh) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Terracotta Warriors (Hardcover)
This small book (7.5 by 6 inches and 96 pages)is little more than a small extract of the final section of the book The First Emperor by the same author. It is adequate if all you want is a snapshot of the Terracotta Army but that bis as far asit goes.There is no indication how the Army fits intoChinese history or the Qin dynasty in particular.The pictures are excellent but to small.

The Terracotta Warriors
The Terracotta Warriors by Jane Portal (Hardcover - 28 Aug 2007)
6.87