5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Read for an Independant Thinker
Published on 23 Aug 2005

3.0 out of 5 stars I'm not the only one
I bought this book because I know the gentleman and his political views and have always admired him in coming out and stating his views quite publically. However, I didn't like some of the actual wording and I feel the book would have received more aclaim if the writing had been done in another vein. It was good to see my views actually in print and I believe most...
Published on 10 April 2009 by Mr. Peter Knott

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Read for an Independant Thinker, 23 Aug 2005
By A Customer
This review is from: I'm Not The Only One (Paperback)
If like me you register a protest vote at election time because your fed up with the deceptive nature of politics, then this read is a must. I urge all readers to approach this book with an open mind and check the facts on the UN site, Amnesty International, The Charity Commission etc. You will find that Galloway has been telling the truth about Iraq, the truth about politicians in Britain and by and large the truth about the charity set-up to help an Iraqi girl. Once you read this you will want to read more of the same and will come to understand just how effective the British establishment is (and this includes the media) at keeping the British public under control. Before long you will realise the left and right of British politics is in a diabolic state, and requires urgent reform. But like I said, don't take my word for it, check the facts with independent organisations.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sir I Salute Your Courage, Your Strength, Your Indefatigability!, 13 Aug 2012
This is a good book. George Galloway's demeanour has come under great obscurantism by the media since he was thrown out of the Labour party in 2003 for opposing the illegal and fraudulent war in Iraq. The media has tried to portray Galloway as a friend and admirer of Saddam Hussein; even going as far as saying George Galloway received 10 million from the man! After reading this book - if you haven't figured it out already - you will realize this is all utterly preposterous and just another attempt to assassinate the character of a good man with a real heart and a real conscience (which is extremely rare coming from a politician).

George Galloway met with Saddam Hussein twice, the first time was in 1994 where he only had a brief opportunity to get his message across which was captured by the media: "Sir I salute your courage, your strength, your indefatigability." In this sentence Galloway explains how "your" is a reference to the Iraqi people and not that of Saddam Hussein. The second time was in 2002 when Galloway flew over to Iraq to meet Saddam at a secret hideout. During this meeting, Galloway pleaded with Saddam to hand over all nuclear, chemical, and biological weapons he may have. Saddam said to Galloway, in private, and with sincerity, `Mr Galloway, I thank you for everything you have done for the Iraqi people, however, I do not have weapons of mass destruction.' Of course, as it turns out Saddam was telling the truth; George W. Bush and Anthony Blair were then ones caught lying. Saddam's personal translator Saman Abdul Majid asserts Saddam did not like George Galloway as he only showed support for the Iraqi people and not for him which irritated Saddam. Thus, in turn Galloway says: "Iraq was not invaded because it was dangerous to Britain and America, but because, it was not dangerous. North Korea will not be invaded precisely because it is dangerous."

It's intriguing how the cradle of civilization, the land between the two rivers, the birth of human accomplishment, the once great Sumer ended up being such a suppressed, poverty laden, war stricken country that it is today. Why are sanctions being placed prohibiting just about everything you can imagine from cancer drugs, medication, surgical instruments to pencils, shampoo and toothpaste? The official explanation of `dual-use' potential is baloney; which still begs the real question as to why the Iraqi people are being purposely suppressed like this. Moreover, why was Iraq not allowed to sell its huge natural resource of oil until the Oil-for-Food programme was introduced in 1995 - which gives the Iraqi people just 30 cents a day for all basic amenities. Well, the answer to that is fairly obvious now. The US physically occupies Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Kuwait and Qatar which have an estimated 550 years worth of oil between them. The US and UK have an estimated less than 40 years worth of oil between them.

This book is mainly focussed on George's views and dealings with the Middle East; however, there is some biographical information, an insight into the House of Commons, as well as information regarding the creation of the Respect party and its philosophy. Galloway is not a `9/11 Truther' however, he's certainly not daft and may be willing to draw swords as he has suggested on his radio show. Overall, I think Galloway is a good man and I'm an admirer of his skills as an orator and an admirer of what he has accomplished with his life. Sir I salute your courage, your strength, your indefatigability!

5.0 out of 5 stars Ten Out Of Ten For Integrity !, 24 Oct 2004
Capt I. McRae "The Ancient Mariner" (Angus, Scotland.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I'm Not the Only One (Paperback)
George Galloway comes over as that most endangered of rare creatures, a British politician with integrity ! More power to his elbow ! My politics are not the same as George Galloway's, however I find myself in agreement with almost (but not quite !) everything he says in, "I'm Not The Only One". While I am more of the right than the left, I have said for a long time that the biggest dangers to world peace at this time are the USA and Israel. That the war in Iraq is more to do with International oil companies and Israel's security, and that if Iraq was invaded for ignoring United Nations directives, then why is Israel not being invaded for regime change as it has ignored many more UN directives than Saddam Hussain ever did ! Geoge Galloway makes these points, and many more, far more eloquently than I ever could. He has a way with words which commands interest, engendering raucous laughter one minute and reducing to tears of rage another. I recommend this book to anyone who wants to see behind the sham and deceit of mainstream British politics. Many people have shown that the British public are tired of the duplicity and arrogance of our political Masters, but few have managed to come up with a credible alternative. One who has is George Galloway. This book is compulsive reading and should be at the top of the reading list of any British person who is not brain dead enough to think the mainstream political parties can still represent the British people.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very few like George, 10 Jan 2006
J. C. Shanks "mugatea3" (scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I'm Not The Only One (Paperback)
George will always be hated by the goverment and corporate media. And because of this the general public will have their views tarnished by their influence forever. George will never be popular and will more than likely always be seen as an ally to Sadam. But, George is a truly good man and good men are bad to have around when your policies carry atrocity and injustices to people around the world. George gives those people a voice and so the character assasination against him will continue until he's no longer a threat.
It's a great book and very enlightening. But at the same time I find myself disheartened by the insight George gives the reader. Bush and Blair and their media have the populations eating out of their hand and it's a sad knowing they can make the masses believe whatever they want them to so easily.
You will be sickened by the way our goverments treat other people. Do yourself a favour and buy this book and then try to get someone else to read it.

5.0 out of 5 stars A good alternative view, 29 April 2014
This review is from: I'm Not The Only One (Paperback)
Look, he may not mean everything but it is a good read and it gives a good alternative view on life and borders, nations and the lot. Sadly others want to own their piece of territory so as John Lennon may question, is it just a dream...

4.0 out of 5 stars HE IS VERY CLEVER, 10 Mar 2014
This review is from: I'm Not The Only One (Paperback)
THIS BOOK IS AN INTERESTING AND ENJOYABLE READ HE OFTEN CAME UNDER FIRE BECAUSE OF HES opinion AND I DO NOT WANT TO GIVE TO MUCH AWAY. GO AND BUY THE BOOK BECAUSE IT IS WORTH READING

4.0 out of 5 stars Some Thought Provoking Ideas, 6 Mar 2014
F. A. Perry (Hampshire, England) - See all my reviews
I bought this book to try and understand a "character" that is very articulate but seems to court controversy. George has a fine understanding of life, politics and politicians. Its a very interesting read but my only criticism is that his links to what he thinks and events is not always right (in my opinion - sorry George) but I think we need more politicians like him, people that stand up for their beliefs and people, especially the minorities in the world. He doesn't tow the party line which is refreshing and makes most other politicians seem bland but then of course they are as they try to find favour in the party to climb the ladder of power, far better to blend in than stand out with your own beliefs which don't meet the standard "recipe" of the party. The world would be a better place with more people like George and more colourful. I guess from what I have written I like the book and George so will now finish the book!

5.0 out of 5 stars a must read political book, 30 Nov 2013
This review is from: I'm Not The Only One (Paperback)
Im not a big fan of George Galloway.

I wanted to read this book to understand why is takes political stance.

This book is an eye opener. He exposes some of the truth behind major politicians; how they go abouts making major political decisions.

Now I understand George and how he fights for the truth; for the people and for justice.

4.0 out of 5 stars Seriously Entertaining Read, 26 Mar 2006
GJ Glass (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I'm Not The Only One (Paperback)
Don't be put off by the frankness or the over-frequent comparison of polilticians to one type of animal or other. This insider's view of British politics and its global repercussions is really hard to put down. Without mincing words, Galloway rolls back layers of government hypocrisy and media spin, reveals some home truths, admits to some mistakes, exposes the limitations of our revered parliamentary system and makes you laugh.
When the author paints a wonderfully wicked picture of the UK/US relationship in Iraq, contrasting the UK's Jeremy (good cop) Greenstock with US John (bad cop) Negroponte you recognise the nugget of truth. You love the detail when he points up British 'reserve' compared to US flag waving using a Jack Straw example . Then there's the revelation regarding Iraq's weapons of mass destructions. ' The only thing found so far is a single vial of Botox, twelve years old... one vial of Botox - less than is carried in the ever-rosy cheeks of Miss Joan Collins - is what we, officially, have to show for the war.'
This is typical of the writing style, far removed from academic thesis but capable of signposting a great deal of (often sordid) history in very few words.
This is essential reading for anyone who wants to get a feel for British politicians from the other unreported side of the media/PR lens. I recommend it to all our American friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars Caustic Reality, 3 Sep 2004
Richard J. Kelly "largoman" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I'm Not the Only One (Paperback)
I bought this book and couldn't put it down. I have read work by John Pilger, Micheal Moore, Greg Palast and this is superb reading with an insite into the harsh reality of bumbling political idiots running this increasing poor country of ours.
He is probably one of the few ethical, moralistic politicians who doesn't tow the line (to his cost)and the passion and obvious sadness flows with each page.
I urge everyone to read this book and wake up to the reality of political corruption and lies within our country.
RESPECT goes to George!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

I'm Not the Only One
I'm Not the Only One by George Galloway (Paperback - 29 April 2004)
Used & New from: 0.01