5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!
This book is mind blowing. Written on a level that makes it accessible to pretty much everybody it covers all aspects of cosmology and their implications regarding time travel, parallel worlds, string theory and black holes. It even covers some of the history behind the major scientists involved (Einstein, Gamow, Schrodinger, Hoyle etc) and includes anecdotes telling of...
Published on 19 April 2007 by Matthew H

3.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating but heavy going
The topics covered are profound, mind bending and require a fundamental shift in thinking from what we are accustomed to regard as normal. Kaku has set himself a difficult task in attempting to explain them to a general readership. Some of his explanations are good, but I found parts of book heavy going, especially string theory which is his specialism.

The...
Published on 5 Nov. 2008 by PC

5.0 out of 5 stars Another masterpiece from Kaku, 15 Feb. 2013
Gökhan (Munich, Germany) - See all my reviews
I love Michio Kaku because the way he explains things are so interesting that even the people who are not into his subject would listen to/read him until the end. This book is definitely interesting and very well written...

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good!, 6 Sept. 2011
I love Michio Kaku's appearances on TV so I decided to try one of his books and I must say it was a great idea. The book, although now a bit outdated, gives a very nice glance over the major questions in modern physics.

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting if you're a physicist, 13 May 2015
Very interesting but over my head, I feel you need a degree in physics to understand it. I had bought a description of what a world ,isn't be like would be informative but it was pure science and no fiction!

5.0 out of 5 stars Well written, 13 Mar. 2015
D. Birbeck "Jasperoo" (Portugal) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Parallel Worlds: The Science of Alternative Universes and Our Future in the Cosmos (Allen Lane Science) (Hardcover)
Love it. clearly written. Well written. Doesn't patronise. Doesn't blind with science. Tells me what I want to know in a way I can understand, without having a specific scientific background.

5.0 out of 5 stars Parallel Worlds, 24 Aug. 2013
Great book, a lot to take in ,and will read it again.Having seen Michio Kaku on TV numerous times his writing on a complex subject

is accessible. to the layman

5.0 out of 5 stars Mindblowing, 9 Aug. 2009
J. Graham (Hartlepool, UK) - See all my reviews
This was the first book I read from Michio Kaku and found it extremely interesting. The language is fairly simple and has some good analogies for the more difficult concepts. The book, as always, is well stuctured with each part dividing into chapters which divide into sections.

This book led me to buy more from Kaku including Physics of the impossible, Hyperspace and Einsteins Cosmos

5.0 out of 5 stars My 15year old son LOVES this book and all the ..., 27 Mar. 2015
My 15year old son LOVES this book and all the others by Michio Kaku. Both the subject matter and style of telling are interesting. He's even taken it on holiday.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good buy, 6 Feb. 2014
I liked this book a lot Be prepared to be shacked , I had no idea about the future of things I just thought things would go on for ever in the same old way !

3.0 out of 5 stars quite hard to digest, 16 Feb. 2010
in theory this book is brilliant. i found it easy enough to understand much of what kaku talks about and his 'lay-mans' examples of theory's were generally very helpful for someone who is no scientist and just has a mild, passing interest.

however, about half-way through it all becomes too much and as the bombardment of scientific theories continues and the list of scientists increases, i found myself hanging on to what was going on by my fingernails. string theory is just a blur and i felt like i had ingested too many theories to take in any of the last 200 pages.

i understand this book isn't advertised as General Unified Theory for the general public, hence awarding it a mid-range score, as i think if you know more about this kind of thing and have more than a slight interest in it you will thoroughly enjoy this book. for anyone else i think it's quite a tough read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating and accessible, 28 Dec. 2014
J. Moyle (London, UK) - See all my reviews
One of my favourite popular physicist authors, this isn't necessarily easier to digest than Hyperspace but nonetheless still well accessible and fascinating.