5.0 out of 5 stars Bonsai, 15 Jan. 2003
By A Customer
Ever since I started my hobbie of bonsai, this book has been the most useful of them all. It explains everything (tree forms, planting and care). It also covers what to do if things go wrong, i.e. if you have a poorly tree! Previously I had always borrowed this book from the library as book shops don't seem to stock it. But, having found it on Amazon I have my own copy. I've just purchased it as a gift for someone else interested in starting bonsai. Its the best book for both beginners and those with some knowledge as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Helpfull and beautiful., 22 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Bonsai: The Complete Guide to Art and Technique (Hardcover)
I have bought a few books to help me grow a Bonsai, this is by far the best. The photos are remarkable and have helped me envisage what the little olive tree, I bought in B and Q along with other saplings, will look like when my great grandson/daughter tends it.
The book brings home, the length of time needed to grow a wonderful tree, how you need to teach the technique to your childrens children and even their offspring. I have retired, and having been a useful person all my working life I was feeling a bit lost and without a task when I started growing Bonsai, I realised I need to live at least until I am 100 yrs to really get the best out of my "trees in pots". I have also begun to shape my own pots.
Last week I repotted two plants from B&Q, chopping the roots was scary but the pictures in the book showed me just what to do, So far they are still alive. I am now looking at an azalea, this will be an indoor tree I am wondering how the flowers will shrink.
Some of the photographs in the book would make beautiful pictures to hang on the wall. I find myself wanting to reach out and touch the ancient Bonsai as if they are magical.
I try to find ordinary trees to see how they have grown, I wonder why they split, twist, engulf other branches, I've been learning how to wire the trees, here my nursing background comes in very handy, nice even bandaging, staying on other limbs, amputating unwanted growths. this book tells you how to look at the growth, the history of the Bonsai.
Here is a book that you can grow with, just like your Bonsai..If you can only afford one book on Bonsai, this is the Book to buy,

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Little Bonsai Book, 9 Feb. 2004
I have been growing Bonsai for nearly 15 years and this little beauty is my bible. This is my Second Copy - the first worn with wear and it is a credit to this book that it was so frequently referred to that I now need another copy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 22 Jun. 2014
One of the best books on the subject available. I had to replace my original book after it was damaged by slugs in the greenhouse.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, 5 Jun. 2014
Dont let the age of this book put you off! I know the Bonsai basics like pruning and re-potting ect which many books focus on. This is very informative and deals with issues you may face like pests and problems with your Bonsai. There are some amazing pictures too! This is going to be a very helpful book for anyone and will deal with more than the beginer guides out there do. I have a garden centre Bonsai and 2 from cuttings and 2 grown from seed . This book covers all 3 and gives step by step guiding on how to age your tree and branch cutting/shaping. This is the only book you will need and a must have! Mine is a used copy in great condition and cost less than £4 .

4.0 out of 5 stars Bonsai guide, 11 Feb. 2014
Mr. Raymond Walker (UK) - See all my reviews
This book was bought as a gift for someone who had taken up growing bonsai trees. They are more than happy with it, though it cost was somewhat expensive, as it had to be imported from America.

5.0 out of 5 stars very informative, 15 Jun. 2013
an excellent very detailed book that assumes only limited knowledge. it is very carefull to not just explain techniques but the reasoning behind them which leads toa deeper understanding this should be on the shelves of anyone who keeps bonsai.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice, 25 Jan. 2013
maria (southampton, uk) - See all my reviews
Liked it a lot, very informative and nice pics. techniques are explained in detail, types of bonsai as well. good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 17 Sept. 2014
Another really good bonsai book to add to my collection. In very very good condition too

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 4 Dec. 2014
perfect instructions and advice for bonsai first timers and experts

Bonsai: The Complete Guide to Art and Technique
Bonsai: The Complete Guide to Art and Technique by Paul Lesniewicz (Hardcover - May 1984)
Used & New from: £1.74