Format: Paperback|Change

on 19 November 2009
We are much indebted to Cathy Miles for sharing her love and skill as she introduces us to sculpturing in wire. Everything about this book makes you want to read on, to experiment, to find old pliars and wire and create.

The book is most attractively presented. It's colourful. It's clear in instruction and abounds with illustration. It gently invites the beginner and lures on the more experienced.

A sense of fun pervades. Diagrams tempt you to try. Finished pieces tell you what to hope for. Clarity is everywhere.

For anyone looking for something new and magical in art this is the book for you. Thank you Cathy for sharing your creativity and skill so generously with us.
on 8 February 2012
I had to write a review about this book just to forewarn other prospective purchasers. I was so excited about receiving this book but was so very disappointed when I did. I think it is because the front cover is so misleading - it portrays some wonderful and exciting sculptures of sheep and so one would think that this might be one of the projects within the book. However, this is not the case , it is in fact one of the images used within ' Galleries' that the author uses. Infact all of the interesting sculptures that you would really want to have a go at or have some guidance to have an attempt at, were all ' gallery' images of work created by artists. In comparison, I found the projects supplied were very simple and a little dull - not something that you would probably want to make for yourself.
A positive thing about the book was the initial section about materials and techniques etc which was very clear and informative.In summary though, I would have to say that I haven't been so disappointed about the contents of book for a long time.
on 4 December 2009
Fantastic book. A must for wire sculpture lovers. Very well described. With very good instructions. Beautifully illustrated. With a lot of contacts and links. I loved it !!!
on 3 September 2010
I really liked this book, it has great examples and even with very basic equipment you can make interesting wire sculpture. If you have a soldering iron/heat etc you can make even more stuff.

A great classroom book because students can follow the simple instructions, and take inspiration from the creative images.

Highly recommended.
on 7 November 2010
Amazing book! Very detailed descriptions throughout and full of helpful information such as tools descriptions and where to purchase all tools and materials from.
Cathy Miles takes you step by step through a few practical tasks with excellent photographs to support the instructions. there is photos of her own work and the tasks at varied stages of making as well as photos of other wire artists work to show different styles and techniques as well as inform the reader of the other artists to look at if they wish. It is a beautiful book which is easy to read through even for people who don't enjoy reading usually as I don't either but read every word.
on 14 July 2013
Unfortunately the wiresheep on the front cover and simular advanced sculptures in the book which I would have liked to learn, in my capasity as a woodwork teacher had no instructions. The ones that had, where very easy project that you basically would have figured out without instructions. Such a shame on a book with lots of potential.
on 12 December 2011
An excellent book, fairly basic, but great for a beginner. My husband was really impressed and I hope he will be spending many hours in the garage creating things for our garden. Well done Amazon.
on 23 June 2013
This was for a present. Very pleased with it. Lots of different projects in it for you to tackle. The person loved it!
on 28 September 2014
Easy-to-follow instructions for the beginner
on 10 January 2016