5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book
Published on 25 May 2011 by M. C. Davies

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected
There is scant information as to the content of the book in the product details. I thought the book would contain pages where the child could copy out text directly under the example, and this is simply a book of ideas. Where it might well be great for ideas the description could use some clarity.
Published 5 months ago by Juice

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, 25 May 2011
M. C. Davies "C.Davies" (South Wales, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Best Handwriting for Ages 10-11 (Best Handwriting) (Paperback)
I bought this book to use with a Year 7 group of pupils who needed more support with handwriting. The book is brilliant and really helps with handwriting practise. We use our own work packs usually however after buying this book I have used a lot of the materials out of it. Includes everything from letter formation to handwriting activities. I was initially worried that the material would be a little young for Year 7 pupils as much of the material on the market is, however I was pleased. If you need a book suitable for Year 7 pupils this is it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Make learning handwriting more interesting, 7 May 2011
The book explains some basic in age appropriate language at the beginning before starting the exercise. My 10 years old has completed this book during Easter holiday and he is happy to do all the exercises in the book as there are enough variations to keep it interesting.

5.0 out of 5 stars Handwriting for the older child ( especially good if they are boys), 25 Sep 2011
I purchased this book, as my son 11yrs struggles with keeping his handwriting neat. With support he has completed. Quite a few pages. I liked the style of this book, as its set at the older child and does not come across as babyish. The book covers many ares and helps children to put into the effort into there homework by learning a better style than what they have been previously using.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very user friendly, 28 Sep 2011
Bought this book for my 11 year old and he finds it very motivating - well pitched for the reluctant neat writer. The other books I bought for daily handwriting practice were rather dry and intimidating but the 'bite-size' feel of this book has speeded up his writing and improved his 'joining-up' markedly in just two weeks of doing one page per day. Don't be put off by the rather babyish cover - its not patronising at all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really pleased with this excellent little book, 5 Mar 2013
S. Hill "Sueh" (UK) - See all my reviews
For any child struggling with handwriting this is the book to go for. Aimed at 10/11 year olds don't be fooled by the young cover, it would suit any older child needing help.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT BOOK, 23 Sep 2011
THE BOOK LOOKS CHILD FRIENDLY AND EASY TO READ. IT HAS SOME GOOD TIPS FOR US AS PARENTS AND MY SON. WOULD RECOMEND THIS. TA

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected, 9 Feb 2014

2.0 out of 5 stars Waste of my money, 7 Oct 2013
I bought this for my 9 year old daughter, as she wants to do "joined up writing", I can understand how this may be useful for reluctant children who are not confident in writing, but it's no use to my daughter who does have quite neat writing.

Maybe I misunderstood the title of the book ? I'm not sure, as it says, "Best Handwriting", not writing. It doesn't show you how to do joined up handwriting, which is why I bought the book

3.0 out of 5 stars good advice, 9 Aug 2013
I am a private tutor and I needed a book for a year five boy. The advice is good but I would have liked more practice tasks that I could give him. The book does not look childish which is good but the explanations did not hold my pupils interest.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 24 Jan 2013
My 8 year old loves this book. He has been using it and already we can see some improvements. Highly recommended.

Best Handwriting for Ages 10-11 (Best Handwriting)
Best Handwriting for Ages 10-11 (Best Handwriting) by Andrew Brodie (Paperback - 5 May 2007)
3.50