Format: Paperback|Change

on 12 January 2011
I bought this book for my 8 year old as he ha asked santa for one, there were quite a few to choose from, where do you start?, but i wanted easy reference and easy reading with pictures and info that they could understand and i have to say i am so glad i opted for this one out of the hundreds that are available this one is perfect, it has everything you want for a childrens bird book, my 5 year old refers to it a lot now too even though he can,t quite read properly so its a great book for ALL ages and highly recommend!
on 2 April 2009
This book is clear and precise and perfect for teaching even very young children about birdwatching. Nice illustrations.
on 12 February 2010
A superb book for children. My daughter is a keen birder and had been using my pocket book.She loves this as it gives her all the info she needs,good images and easy to find species.A good book for children to start with.
on 28 October 2011
Bought for 6 yr old brother. Very clear and informative, just the right ampount of information for a young child. Great pictures. He loves it and uses it to identify birds and take pictures of them with his v tech camera!
on 20 March 2013
Great book for a child - I think it just needs more for them to find picture wise because the list at the back is far greater than the pictures inside so confusion sprang to my little one after a while.
on 20 November 2015
I need to buy more. One granddaughter has claimed it and the others don't get a look in, but it was intended to give the family a starter on identifying what they see, and will be great for that purpose.
on 28 August 2013
This is a good book, with lots of info. However the large multi paged photo'd adult bird book is still lugged around on walks, visits and holidays. This book has been relegated to the toy room. So in short never assume dumbing down is wise when the interest of a child is on full bore. So in short - child interest high give em a adult book - child interest low give em this starter book - if unsure what to do let them browse a book shop =
on 14 June 2014
Bought this for my 6 year old daughter along with some binoculars. She loves the book...she has been able to easily identify various birds in our garden and loves the information in the book. She understands the information and has great fun trying to imitate the birds call (as described in the book). Definitely recommended for budding enthusiasts.
on 29 May 2014
Bought this book for my 9 year old grandaughter who was just becoming interested in bird watching. She loves it and has been going through it to identify birds in her garden and finding out tips on what to feed them. She loves drawing too, so has taken inspiration from the illustrations and photographs to copy them for her own note book.
on 16 January 2012
I gave this book to my great niece Rebecca for christmas. I was worried that the book would be a bit beyond her as she is just four years old, but I heard she was very interested in birds, so I gave her a bird nesting box and this book. My sister informs me that Rebecca can identify most of the birds she sees using the pictures in the book, but cannot as yet read the book. She will grow into it with time, so it will be a present which lasts her some years.