5.0 out of 5 stars Great veterinary dictionary
This is a great veterinary dictionary which includes concise veterinary information relevant to the UK.
Published on 6 May 2010 by Yuzo Yamamoto

1.0 out of 5 stars Crap
Sorry guys, but I must disagree with the very positive reviews of this dictionary. I thought it was crap and would have returned it if I had not received it as part of a course I was doing. I went straight out and bought Saunders veterinary dictionary, Balliere's (?) is also good but some pages are repeated in some editions which is just plain annoying.
I wouldn't...
Published on 26 Oct 2011 by OCD

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great veterinary dictionary, 6 May 2010
This review is from: Black's Student Veterinary Dictionary (Black's Veterinary Dictionary) (Paperback)
I also own the Saunders comprehensive veterinary dictionary which covers more veterinary terms and has colour pictures but I personally prefer the Black's veterinary dictionary.The Saunders dictionary gives only the definition of a veterinary term.In comparison the Black's dictionary also offers an in-depth but concise explanation of each term and I found this quite helpful to grasp the essence of it.
I would strongly recommend this dictionary to any veterinary student.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book!, 3 Jun 2010
S. Wierzbicki "Whizzkid 123" (Cornwall, UK) - See all my reviews
I'm not a vet, but still aspire to be one. A great book for people who want to get a view into the world of veterinary.

Super product, great value, thanks once again, amazon!

5.0 out of 5 stars Invaluable asset, 5 July 2013
One of the best purchases needed if you are studying animal nursing.
Clear, concise explanation which help when you are trying to learn a new topic.

5.0 out of 5 stars Veterinary Dictonary, 4 Sep 2013
Very detailed with excellent diagrams which are easy to interpret and understand. Very helpful for veterinary medicine and veterinary nursing students

5.0 out of 5 stars present for sister, 17 April 2013
gorgeouse little book crammed will helpful information. sister studying to be a vet nurse and has found this book indespensible!

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb concise general reference for vets and students, 3 Feb 2013
This is a must-have general reference book for all veterinarians and offers excellent value for money ! Consider also Merck Veterinary Manual for around £25 and for a total of £40 there is enough reference material to answer most veterinary questions !

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect book for anything animal related, 27 Feb 2012
I loved this so much, got it as a present and it has helped me no end with research for my degree in animal behaviour as it sets everything out in a brilliant way which explains it and helps with examples when things are more complicated. It is animal specific for many things which is great.
Would recommend to anyone working with animals, even used it to help on the farm at home.

1.0 out of 5 stars Crap, 26 Oct 2011
I wouldn't recommend this to anyone.

2.0 out of 5 stars Lacking for Vets..., 28 April 2011
I've had this dictionary for quite a while and have constantly been let down when I look up a word to find its missing. Basic things like coronoid, fossa, tubercule, sulcrus, gyrs etc are all missing.

I have since donated my copy to the library and got the Saunders Comprehensive Dictionary which has for my revision periods been living on the arm of my sofa as I use it so much! It's a larger book, but I've yet to find a veterinary word that it is lacking!

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 6 May 2014
fab book, so helpful for any student or qualified veterinary nursing. handy size. would recommend to anyone. best dictionary i have

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Black's Student Veterinary Dictionary (Black's Veterinary Dictionary)