Top positive review
75 people found this helpful
Make this your first bird book
on 8 December 2009
If you have a casual interest in birds or are starting birdwatching, this book is ideal for six reasons...
1. It only covers 174 species - that's great because most guides add another 100 or so that only serve to confuse. When you need to know more this information is readily available.
2. It contains excellent drawings, which are much more helpful for bird identification than photographs.
3. It has good maps showing distribution in the UK at different times of the year.
4. The text, though shorter than larger books, is very good.
5. It is small enough to put in your pocket. My copy goes in the car with me wherever I go.
6. It's cheap!
I have bought 4 copies of this book so far, one for me and three as gifts. Strongly recommended.