Format: Paperback|Change

on 14 July 2012
I have been playing cricket for a long time now and have come across many different bowling books to help you get better at bowling. I recieved this book as a Christmas present and at first glance I wan't very impressed. 'Oh....It's just a book,' I had thought on that Christmas morning. A few nights later, I just happened to have this book lying beside my bed so I picked it up. I glanced through it and I was actually very impressed. The detail is fabulous and the pictures and labels make the book very easy to understand. Because of this, younger readers will be able to read it and understand the book as well as adults. The actual book is amazing. From reading this book, I have learnt many different bowling styles; I used to ball leg- spin and off-spin but from reading this book, I have learnt how to ball in-swingers and out-swingers! It is amazing how the power of this small book can completly change the way you bowl....Amazing! As well as that, the book features some pictures and facts about many famous cricketers. This is actualy very good and will help inspire many young budding cricketers to be like them and make them want to practise cricket more. So this is a very good guide to bowling and is one of the best on the market. I would recommend this to everyone as it is clear yet detailed and is very helpful.

By 11 year old, The Demon.
on 7 November 2010
This small book ticks the boxes in every aspect. The language is clearly expressed, the quality of images is excellent, the level of detail well balanced. It is the best coaches aid for junior cricketers. Succinct and easy to carry and refer to, simple enough for all ages to understand but well written for older junior levels as well. The set of three is a must for junior cricket coaches and for juniors, superior to the official coaches booklet published by Cricket Australia - perhaps this is why for this year's Ashes series that England is favourite !
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 19 December 2010
I bought the whole set of the books - batting, bowling and fielding. Incredible value for about a tenner for the 3.

I am currently going through the ECB Level 2 coaching courses and found these invaluable in addition to the coaching cards supplied. Excellent diagrams on technique and coaching tips plus ideas for how to practice, which you can use in your own lessons.

Highly recommended.
on 22 April 2009
Skills: Cricket - Bowling (Know the Game)
Really, really lovely little book. Great illustrations, fab tips - perfect for any boy wanting to improve his game - a must!
on 10 September 2014
This book is aimed at teaching children/juniors the basics of bowling. I bought this for my 10 year old son, but I would recommend to people of all of ages who have either just started playing cricket and want to understand the basics, or those who simply want to improve their knowledge on the practicalities of how cricket is played. The emphisis is on putting each technique into practice and includes training drills. There's the odd references/photos to some of the worlds top bowlers as examples. Covers both seam and spin bowling, and some of their variations. A really superb book.
on 4 September 2015
We bought all three of these skills books for our nephews. They have just finished an outstanding season at their club and school and found these books quite helpful. A lot of wickets were taken for the senior team by one of them
on 19 October 2012
This book covers the fundamentals only of how to bowl and gives some good pointers. However if used alone it is quite inadequate to learn / teach bowling as it lacks a lot of detail.

The clue is in the cover photograph - this is a basic starter for a child / colt player, and I would expect that the book would be supplemented with advice from a coach or a keen parent.
on 4 January 2014
I saw some wickets in a catalogue used as loo roll holders priced at £94. Good idea but way to expensive. Saw these on amazon do just the same for tenth of the price. Great gift for any cricket lovers.
on 26 August 2014
the book was exactly what I was looking for so I am very pleased with my purchase.
on 1 August 2013
Very good book written by a good coach. Would recommend it! Thanks a valued purchase. Teaches you all about most techniques of bowling and tips about them