5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars
great study aid for my daughter
Published 1 month ago by Belinda

3.0 out of 5 stars Mrs Warren's Profession.
Published 19 months ago by Kindle Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Mrs Warren's Profession., 10 May 2013
I personally really enjoyed this play, and read it for one of my modules at university. However, I was very much in the minority, as a number of other students found its moral ambiguity in terms of Mrs Warren's profession and businesses problematic. I personally think that considering it was written in the 1890s it is very progressive in terms of showing some of the harsh realities women had to face if they failed to make a successful marriage and did not have much money. I would definitely recommend it but it is not an easy read. This particular edition also includes Shaw's apology in which he tries to justify why he wrote it. I personally think it's depressing that an author should have to apologise for writing something that has literary merit but goes against the grain.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 22 Oct 2014
Belinda (High Wycombe) - See all my reviews
great study aid for my daughter

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect!, 25 Feb 2014
The book arrived really fast and it was in perfect condition. It's a bit boring, but I had to read it for one of my exams!

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 7 Oct 2014
clever

4.0 out of 5 stars good but odd, 16 Mar 2013
it has some annotations which were interesting to read but it also had bits in german which were weird but didnt make it bad.

Mrs Warren's Profession (New Mermaids)
Mrs Warren's Profession (New Mermaids) by George Bernard Shaw (Paperback - 22 Nov 2012)