4.0 out of 5 stars Good one!
This is an inspiring little book - some good ideas on the design front and an array of technical tips for the use of oxides in clay preparation.A great addition to the library of any potter wanting to take the process in a new direction.
Published on 27 Dec 2008 by S. V. Barker

3.0 out of 5 stars Damaged
Published on 7 Jan 2011 by GBW

4.0 out of 5 stars Good one!, 27 Dec 2008
S. V. Barker "Lancastrian Reader" (Lancaster UK) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars A little gem!, 10 Jan 2010
C. Hill "Mina" (Chelmsford, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Colouring Clay (Ceramics Handbooks) (Paperback)
Before reading this book I had a workshop on coloured clay at my university and I instantly thought 'no that is not for me' as it seemed so flat and dull... however after reading this book by Jo Connell I have been turned on my head! I cannot wait to get back into the studio and have a go at some of the techniques which have been so well explained and demonstrated. If only she was my uni lecturer ....

3.0 out of 5 stars Damaged, 7 Jan 2011
This review is from: Colouring Clay (Ceramics Handbooks) (Paperback)
Apart from the fact that this book arrived with crumpled right hand top corners throughout the book,which are permanent, I find less about how to make coloured clays and much about its application and history, which is not why I bought it and carried it out to the West Indies! I was hoping to be able to return with sufficient skills and confidence to make my own, but, frankly, I still don't have a clue.
A more practical book with less on the esoteric side would have been more helpful and was what I was looking for.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderfully useful book., 22 Aug 2013
This review is from: Colouring Clay (Ceramics Handbooks) (Paperback)
Great book for reference purposes. I use it frequently and would recommend it to friends and acquaintances interested in ceramics.

4.0 out of 5 stars Wife's present, 22 April 2011
This review is from: Colouring Clay (Ceramics Handbooks) (Paperback)
My wife requested that I buy this as a reference for her pottery course. It has proved to be a valuable resource.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring, 4 Jun 2011
This review is from: Colouring Clay (Ceramics Handbooks) (Paperback)
Yet another fantastic book from Jo Connell. Good technique descriptions and more importantly inspiring pictures. A must for the potters library.

Colouring Clay (Ceramics Handbooks)
Colouring Clay (Ceramics Handbooks) by Jo Connell (Paperback - 31 Oct 2007)
12.86