5.0 out of 5 stars A great overview of illustrating for kids.
As an aspiring children's illustrator I found this to be an excellent book, full to the brim with all the info you need, making your first dummy book to send away to publishers, developing interesting characters, interesting case studies and how to present yourself and your portfolio. I have nothing really negative to add, a great book overall.
Published on 23 Aug. 2009 by S. Dempsey

3.0 out of 5 stars Picture book style with info
I was slightly disappointed in this book I expected more written material but having said that the information that is givien is good and the illustrations colourful
Published 17 months ago by Angela Bellamy

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A great overview of illustrating for kids., 23 Aug. 2009
S. Dempsey (Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Illustrating Children's Books: Creating Pictures for Publication (Hardcover)

5.0 out of 5 stars The only book you'll need..., 2 Oct. 2007
Mrs. Sylvia Bull (UK) - See all my reviews
This is the best and only book on the market that gives you a thorough and complete understanding of children's book illustration. With charming examples throughout it gives a sophisticated yet easy to read picture of the current childrens book market and what illustrating for them is really all about.

5.0 out of 5 stars my teacher was right!!!!, 12 April 2010
as i am still in college my tutor suggested this book to me. i have found that every thing is easily explained and is very detailed.
it doesnt just focus on the illustration techniques, it also gives advise on portfolio work and professional practise.
i have now bought this book for freinds.

5.0 out of 5 stars Encouraging and inspirational, 6 May 2009
Dodster (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I found this book very helpful. It is clearly laid out with plenty of examples and pictures to aid and inspire. I would recommend it to anyone starting out in children's illustration.

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing book, 31 Aug. 2010
This book gives you a real insight on how to get started in children's books illustration. it starts of with a brief history of books and ends with how to get published, every chapter was informative, easy to read, and inspiring. it also includes case studies where individual artists talk about there work and give you an insight on there carer which is useful, it is in full colour and the quality of the book such as the paper stoke is of good quality. i am studying a degree in graphic design and would like to specialise in children's book illustration, this book has help me with my course, i think it would be a most have for all those illustration students out there.

5.0 out of 5 stars Illustrating Children's Books, 6 April 2009
This Book is most helpful especially as I am doing a Book Illustrating Course at College. It answers all the questions I have and it was one of the books recommended by the tutor.

4.0 out of 5 stars A really great guide, 5 Dec. 2012
I really benefited from reading this book as it covered the complete range of topics I was interested in. These ranged from the first illustrated children's books through to design styles, different artists, techniques and getting published. A really worthwhile read for anyone considering illustrating children's books, whether professionally or as an enthusiast.

5.0 out of 5 stars Informative book, 30 Dec. 2010
If you are interested in using your art work for illustration like I am this is full of useful advice, well illustrated well worth reading.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best of its kind, 1 Nov. 2011
Mrs. H. (Glasgow, Scotland) - See all my reviews
I've paged through quite a lot of books of this type and I must say that I think this one is the best I've come across. Not only is it a visual delight, but it contains so much helpful information for the aspiring UK Children's Book Illustrator that it would be difficult to do without it. My copy is only a month or so old, but I've already used it so much that the pages are dog-eared and the margins are filling up with my notes. I'm very glad I bought it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, 19 Dec. 2010
I am absolutely happy with this book.
It is very well organised with an eye-catching spreads, it covers the subject in a variety of aspects, including the history of children books illustration, different approaches to illustrating a story and even how things work in the market.
I highly recommend this book specially for those who want to get started.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Illustrating Children's Books: Creating Pictures for Publication
Illustrating Children's Books: Creating Pictures for Publication by Martin Salisbury (Hardcover - 19 July 2004)