4.0 out of 5 stars A great historical treat for 7-9 year-olds with plenty of toilet humour!, 1 Feb. 2009
This review is from: The Prince, the Cook and the Cunning King (Tudor Tales) (Paperback)
Terry Deary has managed to mix the informative with fun and excitement. This is an appealing story for all children, especially boys who favour references to flatulance. You get all the historical information as well as a feel for the power struggles that were around in those days.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great series of books, 29 Aug. 2012
This whole series of books is worth every penny as one of our units at school is "historical novels" and we link this to the Tudors, read Terry Deary's Tudor Tales and then the children write their own. They are just perfect and pitched just right for Y4 children. Every class I've had has just loved them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good fun but not very long., 13 Jan. 2012
The Zocat (Bath, England) - See all my reviews
I read this to my 9 year old son, who has just spent the last two weeks at school learning about Henry VII, and how he became king, and to my 7 year old daughter who hasn't. They both loved it:it was funny, had plot twists and farting. Either child would have been able to read it to them-self if they had wanted to, but they wanted me to read it aloud. It is not a long book, taking under 30 mins to read aloud. The the print is of moderate size and interspersed with pictures. I think I will buy more in this series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, 8 Dec. 2014
I liked the way it is set in the tudor times and is very interesting and exiting all the way through it it is also very funny and I have nothing bad to say about the book

5.0 out of 5 stars The Prince the cook and the cunning king, 30 May 2013
This a really funny story and I have read it about 30 times already. I really enjoyed it and I would recommend to people who like laughing their heads of!!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars the prince, the cook and the cunning king, 1 Feb. 2013
the prince, the cook and the cunning king great for primary age children to have an insight into life in tudor times
helps with history project work.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good read for children., 31 Jan. 2013
Really enjoyed this as did the 8 year olds who have read it as part of their Tudor project. We were able to get a lot of literary activities from it.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Book for Children!, 11 Feb. 2015
Used for a as part of a Tudor literacy lesson.

Great for setting the scene! Children absolutely loved this story!

4.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining, 4 Mar. 2015
I used this in my classroom. The children loved it! It's an entertaining book and it also gives an insight to Tudor life.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great topic links, 24 Sept. 2013
Very useful for my Tudor-linked topic with plenty of real events that children can relate to. My year 4 class loved it.

The Prince, the Cook and the Cunning King (Tudor Tales)
The Prince, the Cook and the Cunning King (Tudor Tales) by Terry Deary (Paperback - 30 Jun. 2003)