5.0 out of 5 stars Developing French: Livre Un

Published on 6 May 2011 by French Teacher

3.0 out of 5 stars dont be fooled by book one
Just like their sister books Developing Numeracy/ Literacy these books by A & C Black are perfect for the busy primary school teacher. Having just been given role of modern foreign languages co-ordinator I thought I would buy the 1st in the series & take it from there.
Published on 24 Jan 2008 by busy teacher

3.0 out of 5 stars dont be fooled by book one, 24 Jan 2008
busy teacher (Lincolnshire, England.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Developing French: Livre Un Photocopiable Language Activities for Beginners: Photocopiable Language Activities for the Beginner (Paperback)
I really dont think this book is suitable for beginners to french. I can just about get by and I found some of the titles & questions quite difficult to understand. Luckily there are teacher notes at the bottom as an interpretation but I feel your children would need to be quite confident with the language before they tackled any of the activitites from this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Developing French: Livre Un, 6 May 2011

I teach french in Primary Schools but ended up getting bogged down in lots of vocab lessons. This book gave me a new angle of teaching. I'd say it'd be easy enough for a non-linguist to teach from as well. There are 5 topics - Hello!, In my Classroom, My house, Animals and My Family.
Each topic gives the teacher a list of key vocab, followed by a lesson plan and game ideas. There are approx 10 photocopiable sheets per topic. Some may need to be enlarged. The worksheets are all in French, but there is an English translation at the bottom of each sheet.
The children are learning well and enjoy most of the worksheets and games. I use it with the age group 9 - 11s.
I'll definitely be purchasing Books 2 & 3 for future use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent resource, 7 Jan 2013
Product was just what i wanted. I'm using right now for my lesson tomorrow!
Child friendly photocopiables which i can easily differentiate.

5.0 out of 5 stars Developing French, 1 Nov 2009
J. Evans (Angleterre) - See all my reviews
I have only just started using this for teaching French, and so far so good. I love the Happy Families cards at the back of the book.