on 25 January 2015
A great read, very enjoyable; I read a few pages at bed-time. I have read abridged versions and wanted more detail, to see what I was missing and I do think it is worth reading the complete Pepys. However, I do wish they would put the english translation to Pepys's french/spanish passages; don't know why they assume everyone knows french/spanish.........but of course you get the gist of what he is up to!!
on 22 January 2015
Another fascinating installment in the life of Samuel Pepys.From the minor concerns with physical ailments to the headaches of doing business for the benefit of the King and oneself,with occasional detours into marital infidelity-described in French-all aspects of life are there.Best read after the previous edition for the benefit of context and not ideal taken in isolation.
on 18 January 2014
Another volume for my collection. Arrived promptly in good condition. Again looking forward to reading this volume, I am sure I will not be disappointed.
on 30 September 2015
I love these diaries and cannot wait to finish volume V1 and order volume V11.
on 28 May 2016
book as described, all good