5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT!!!!, 28 Oct 2004
Mrs. Alison Taylor (Grantham, Lincs, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This book is a must for anyone!! Beautifully illustrated, it gives the reader lots of ideas for using different techniques that can be incorporated into numerous crafts. Anyone having done a C&G embroidery course will love it!
Reading this book is like leaving a Chocoholic in a Thornton's store overnight - ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL! I would recommend this book to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 16 April 2008
This review is from: Paper, Metal and Stitch (Paperback)
An absolutely lovely book, fantastic photo's, great ideas, it made me want to drop everything and head for my craft room. I would recommend this book to every crafter who is looking for inspiration.

5.0 out of 5 stars sharissa, 27 Aug 2008
This review is from: Paper, Metal and Stitch (Paperback)
I am an A level fine art student and wanted to use new ideas in my work using fabrics and metal etc. This book is very exciting and colourful and the paper making ideas are brilliant, i would highly recommend it to any art student.

4.0 out of 5 stars Yummy, 1 Feb 2009
Inspiring and easy going. By "metal" she only means that thin metal foil stuff. Experimental samples galore.

5.0 out of 5 stars a top class book, 10 July 2013
E. Edwards - See all my reviews
I first had this book out of the local library and renewed it twice but decided I just had to have my own copy.There is so much in it.The first part is about paper - colouring and texturising paper, making ones own paper, making moulds and sewing with it. the second part covers metals, mostly the thin metal sheets sold in crafts shops also wire and the inside of puree tubes.I would never have though of sewing with metal before this book. There is a lot on metal, colouring it, embossing, Too much for me to detail.
The book has lots of photos of samples and work in progress. I love this book. It is an inspiration.

5.0 out of 5 stars Jennifer, 13 May 2009
This review is from: Paper, Metal and Stitch (Paperback)
I ordered this book as an aid to textile work for my A level art exam and as further information for when I move to foundation. Great book everything explained in straight forward terms easy to follow directions etc. Also great resource book to know just what materials are out there that can be used in such creative ways.

Jennifer

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 13 July 2014
brill book

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 27 Mar 2014
Hazel Vicary "Hazel" (Cornwall, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Paper, Metal and Stitch (Paperback)
This book is beautifully illustrated and clearly set out. I am mainly interested in textile so I wasn't expecting too much useful information except for the metal aspect which was my main reason for buying BUT there are loads of interesting ideas which could, with a bit of imagination, be transferred across to textile work. So, on that basis, I would be happy to recommend the book, mainly for those whose area is paper but textile people would also, I feel, gain a good deal from it. It has, in fact, made me consider that perhaps the use of paper or paper pulp might just have a use alongside my other work.

4.0 out of 5 stars Paper, Metal and Stitch, 21 Oct 2013
This review is from: Paper, Metal and Stitch (Paperback)
Great little book with good visual illustrations and useful as a tool for showing others what is possible. A dip in and out book.

5.0 out of 5 stars textile inspirations, 29 Sep 2013
Ms Cooper "coops" (uk) - See all my reviews
would recommend this book to anyone wishing to get ideas for exploring mixing many different surfaces within their art work.

Paper, Metal and Stitch
Paper, Metal and Stitch by Jane Wild (Paperback - 14 Aug 2007)
14.25