on 26 July 2007
I ordered this item with trepidation as so many felting books go down the route of dodgey felted slippers and hats. However, this book proved to be an absolute delight, crammed with lots of advanced techniques, beautifully illustrated and not a muffler or a mitten in sight! The Nuno Felt and the Colour in Felt chapters are particularly inspiring. The author's love of experimentation, colour and texture shines through and I just can't wait to get out my Wensleydale!
0Comment|101 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 21 July 2010
This is a brilliant book for anyone starting to make felt. It gives easy to follow instructions and starts with the very basics. I am working my way through the various techniques. Great book to own.
on 27 January 2011
A friend had already recommended this book to me and she was right. A beautifully laid out, colourful inspirational book for all those new would-be felters wanting to extend their skills. Suitable for beginners too.
on 31 March 2013
I was a little dissapointed in this book, I was hoping for more inspiration in stitching on my felt, but, on the up side it has a really good piece on Nuno felting which I hadn't tried so I did give it a go and am enjoying it. I wouldn't reccomend this book to total beginners, but felters with some experience
on 17 June 2009
Having no idea on how to felt I just bought this book and I would recomended to any body who whishes a no nonsense beatifull peace of writting. Inside this book you will find all what you need to start creating beatifull things.
on 3 February 2013
I love the book it is full of information that i wanted. It arrived much earlier than expected and in good condition. I would recomend this book to anyone interested in feltwork.
on 26 October 2009
This book was brought to help my daughter in her A level Textiles and has been a great help
on 11 January 2012
I have always wanted to try felting and this Christmas decided to treat myself to several books, the kit required and a stock of wool tops etc: Having mastered the basics I am keen to try the projects in this book, I find it clear and easy to understand. It is great for beginners and experienced alike with good pictures for inspiration. Very pleased with this purchase.
on 12 June 2013
Useful informative book. I would recommend it to anyone interested in felting. In formative and full of projects, I have returned to it many times.
on 26 September 2013
Lots of lovely creative ideas. More of an artists/creative approach than a how to book. Having fun exploring all the possibilities.