4.0 out of 5 stars easy pattern cutting
Just like the title says. I bought this along with a complicated text book for pattern making and have actually found this to be very handy. I'd really recommend it for a beginner to pattern cutting (as I was).
Published on 24 May 2004 by T. Korpi

3.0 out of 5 stars A little dissapointing
This book by itself, is literally a step by step list of how to make the basic building blocks of patterns. It is great for this, and if you've never done pattern cutting before it is helpful, and there is very little jargon, and you can literally follow the steps as they go, you don't have to have any prior knowledge.
For me, it was a little disappointing, purely...
Published 18 months ago by Eleanor W

4.0 out of 5 stars easy pattern cutting, 24 May 2004
T. Korpi (Bemidji, MN) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pattern Cutting Made Easy (Paperback)
You'll be able to make yourself a skirt pattern in minutes, a basic trouser block, blouses-- all very simple and make it easy to grasp the concept of pattern cutting. There are a minimum of explanations, only the letter-by-letter measurements to draw.
If you're looking for anything very fancy you won't find it here, but for basic beginning pattern cutting this is perfect.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 2 Mar. 2014
Aria (Rhodes Island, Greece) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pattern Cutting Made Easy (Paperback)
I refer to this book all the time as it is fully illustrated and the patterns are easy to make. It doesn't teach you pattern making from the start. It shows how to change your existing pattern e.g. how to add a collar on a plain neckline or a sleeve on a sleeveless top.

3.0 out of 5 stars A little dissapointing, 14 Aug. 2013
For me, it was a little disappointing, purely because it doesn't ever explain WHY you have to do these things. The pictures are also fairly limited. Whilst I can follow the instructions, and make anything in this book, I don't feel that I'm really learning from it. I think this would be a great starting book, so long as you then got some other books that explain the WHY alongside it. Alternatively I could see this as a useful book for a fashion student, just to have a guide to supplement what they are learning in class, for me as a home sewer it did leave a bit to be desired.

On the whole, I would say it's a good book, it does what it says on the tin, but I wouldn't say it's going to blow you away

5.0 out of 5 stars What a find!, 20 Feb. 2014
I am not a beginner nor an advance pattern cutter so this book is absolutely perfect for me. The instructions are so clear and easy to follow. It covers all the basics and some advanced patterns too. Probably one of the best books I've bought on Amazon and one I'll use for a long time. If you are just starting pattern cutting, this is the book for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Phew! THE book, 7 Dec. 2013
Didn't know where to start when looking for a book to help me make patterns, this book is it!. provides basics and shows you where to go from there

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic!!!, 17 April 2014
I started with sewing not long ago and I bought this book yesterday morning. It has just come and I have to say that for a beginner like me this is the most amazing, incredible, best of the best book I've seen in pattern cutting. This is fool-proof and so easy to follow and understand that I can't wait for the weekend to use it!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Parren Cutting, 2 July 2009
P. Clark (Uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pattern Cutting Made Easy (Paperback)
I first came across this book in my local library but there was a waiting list to be able to get it out and then I only had 3 weeks to use it because there was a waiting list to use it after me. Hence it is enormously popular and impossible to obtain from any shop/publisher. It really is a bible to the novice pattern cutter and can see myself using it for years to come. I was so relieved to get it at such a good price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Indispensable for every dressmaker!, 25 Jun. 2013
Grace (London, England) - See all my reviews
I've been making my own clothes for over a year now from shop bought patterns, however this book has opened up endless possibilities for design. Holman's guides are really concise and clear making it so easy to create your own pattern blocks, the only limitations now are your imagination!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for beginners, 26 Oct. 2013
This is a great book for beginners. It has good diagrams and very easy to follow instructions. I don't think it would be suitable for advanced learners.

5.0 out of 5 stars YW, 11 April 2014
Very clear and simple guide. Have found it to be very helpful. I would recommend this book to any beginner.

Pattern Cutting Made Easy
Pattern Cutting Made Easy by Gillian Holman (Paperback - 5 Jan. 1997)
Used & New from: £8.98