on 15 October 1999
This is a gold mine of information, much of which is not going to be found elsewhere easily, if at all. Glenn Mitchell has done a thorough job of researching his subjects, and it shows. Clearly, he enjoys The Boys as well, since a noticeable amount of wit and humor add to the fun of reading the book. Incidentally, it's virtually im possible ("I have just two words...") to read the book in sequence; the cross references just go on and on. All in all, it's a most worthy companion to Randy Skretvedt's "Laurel and Hardy: the Magic Behind the Movies".
on 27 August 2010
I was very disappointed with this edition of the book. I already have the 1996 reissue which is a large size soft back book packed with lots of info and photographs in 302 pages. When I saw this 2008 edition listed as 'updated' with 492 pages I sent off for it with some anticipation. Unfortunately if I had checked the specifications closely I would have seen that this is a paperback size edition with many less photographs, and upon delivery found to have only 336 pages. As far as I can see there is the same amount of information as the earlier editions, with DVD references added, so I guess you pays your money and makes your choice.
on 26 February 2001
Several hundred pages of A-Z information on the boys. I don't think any stone has been left unturned. This book is as up to date as it could possibly be (1/2000). If you have any questions unanswered about Stan and Ollie then this book is for you. Excellent.
on 12 July 2008
This revised and updated version is superb everything you wanted to know about Stan and Ollie THE LAUREL AND HARDY BIBLE
IAN TROOPS WINCOBANK SHEFFIELD
on 28 April 2014
I didn't realize that this was an A-Z style book - I would have much preferred a film-by-film style.

Still a good read, but finding out everything about a particular film,
can sometimes mean flipping back and forth through the book.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 August 2014
RATHER DISAPPOINTING,, POOR LAYOUT,NOT ENOUGH PRIVATE INFO OR PICS.LOTS OF DULL INFO , NO STATS, FACTS, OR TRIVIA
BASICALLY YOU WILL FIND MORE INFO IN A FRACTION OF THE TIME ONLINE
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 December 2008
This Is Excellent. it tells you everything from Nudity, Zoos comments and Ratings of every film the Families of the boys and much much more.

There are some pictures from The Bullfuighters, Dancing Masters and Nothing but trouble

If youve read bad reviews then ignore them - there a matter of taste rather than about it.

One Thing, The Writing is smaller than I Thought it would be
0Comment6 of 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 February 2009
Good value for money, bought as a Xmas present for my father, who is thoroughly enjoying reading about his comic idols.