4.0 out of 5 stars Another top notch thriller, 16 Jun 2003
Niven Rennie (Prestwick, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Walking the Shadows (Paperback)
I am a Donald James fan, having read the Monstrum series and thereafter having traced his earlier books in local libraries. This novel is right up there with his best. Tom is an 'anti hero', similar to Vadim, a man with many inadequacies and a chequered romantic history. He throws himself into the ever changing plot seeking the identity of the man who assaulted his daughter and an answer to the questions which surround his very existence.
His relationships with the other main charcters, particularly with his sister, are complex but compelling. The book builds to a terrific climax in the waters of a flooded village where many secrets are hidden.
All in all, another fantastic novel, don't miss it!

5.0 out of 5 stars walking the shadows -- It was Brilliant!, 23 Feb 2010
This review is from: Walking the Shadows (Paperback)
I loved the earlier books written by Donald James and decided to take a chance on this book although there was only 1 review on Amazon and I am extremely pleased that I did - the book was terrific - brilliant! and I thoroughly recommend it. I willnot repeat what the other reviewer has written but I agree with every word of it.
I will add that I have just completed the 3 woderful books by Steig Larsson and felt that this book could easily have been written by him although the book is set mostly in the south of France it had the same feel and very high quauity of the Larsson books - this is meant as a compliment to both authors equally. Go out and buy it - you willnot be disappoined.

5.0 out of 5 stars new author to me, 11 Oct 2011
C. Johnson (Leicester,England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Walking the Shadows (Paperback)
I read this book by chance,having picked it up in a charity shop.Thought it looked good.Loved it and am now looking for more of his books.A "who dunnit" but with a lot more besides.Wish his books were available on Kindle.If you like Terence Strong,Nelson De Mille etc.,you will probably like this.

Walking the Shadows
Walking the Shadows by Donald James (Paperback - 6 Mar 2003)
Used & New from: £0.01