on 3 February 2003
"The deepest desire in a parent's heart is to see one's child achieve success in life". I am not a deeply religious person and I wouldn't consider myself to be a spiritualist. Yet I found this book to be a great guide for teaching my son (and myself) some very valuable skills for living a happy, successful life. It describes simple activities that we can do with our kids in order to learn these skills. I myself, grew up believing that life was supposed to be difficult. Good times along the way were just a bonus. No one said it was supposed to be easy or fun...until I read this book. Deepak Chopra has shattered these beliefs and I am so grateful to him. A great gift for parents new and old!
0Comment59 of 60 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 April 2014
Perfect book for starting to understand where your child is coming from. Easy read & very insightful. Great to relay life little suprises.
on 27 February 2015
empty lifeless book.ugh
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 December 2010
Nothing really different from his other books and very little concrete ideas for applying his ideas. Its more what to teach children (all that is in his other books) and not how.
on 23 April 2015
good
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 22 April 2010
Chopra milks his seven laws yet again. Here they are in a new guise. Just as one is ill advised to put new wine into old wineskins, one should not put old ideas between the covers of new books and expect novelty.

I was involved with translating a Russian author's work into English and as he had referred to Chopra, I wanted to get the precise phraseology of the original, so I bought several of these books to ensure I had a full appreciation.

I need not have bothered. One star is explained as meaning, "I hate it!", but this book is too trivial for that, so I'll have to go with two stars which you will not be surprised to know mean, "I don't like it!"

A waste of money.
0Comment0 of 5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse