on 16 March 2001
I read this book and it changed my life. For many years I have been tense and uptight and could not find a way to simply relax and be with myself. This book helped me to do this and I think it could help anyone else who is fortunate enough to read it.
It offers a step-by-step guide to relaxation and its healing value. It is easy to follow and to apply. Furthermore, it offers a very pragmatic approach - this I think is what is best about it.
It also draws on a combination of Eastern and Weastern approaches to mind and healing which provides depth and a rich context.
I would recommend it to anyone trying to find a way back to themselves, a path of healing and self acceptance.
on 18 March 2001
I read this book recently and found it to be a very practical guide to relaxation and healing. It presents a series of exercises involving massage, visualisation and breathing techniques which are clear and easy to apply.
It is a hands-on book, well illustrated with diagrams, and it is not just about abstract theory and wishful thinking. I would recommend it to anyone who is needing an antidote to the stresses and strains of modern day living.
on 5 November 2010
Inspite of the relatively bland title, this is a great book. While being a part of the Tara Rokpa process inspired by Akong Rinpoche, it can also be taken by itself. Especially useful are the sections on massage and self-massage. I tried this out with some friends, and it was a wonderful experience.