on 26 June 2008
You'll either love or loathe this. I am in the former category, since I love the English Language, and all the possibilities it has with puns and other wordplay.

Be warned: some of Lennon's topics are light years away from contemporary, acceptable political correctness.

By deliberately mis-spelling words, the original idea is retained but with a new sense or even a different concept at the same time. The meaning of phrases doesn't stay still, but wriggles deliciously in the mind. The influences are Stanley Unwin, Lewis Carrol and perhaps Ogden Nash... nonsensical, Goonesque logic.

Mr Lennon's rightings of our English tongue (in cheek) are a lovely remainder of his life - get your copy by hook or buy hook.
on 24 August 2005
the artistic brilliance of john jennon's poetry is beyond me..with humour and hard hitting..grammar[not] this guy was a genius in music forms writing some of the most reconisable tunes of the 60's and beyond..and how he writes poetry in a way that a child could understand..this poetry is not deep or dark it's juist fun and enjoyable..most americans won't understand it but when have the americans ever understood us english..
on 8 November 2009
Crazy? Yes. Somewhat random at times? Yes as well. However, some nice and refreshing experimental writing which captures the spirit of the liberating times during the Beatles era and afterwards, and of the the provocative, intelligent and cheeky outspoken-ness of John Lennon. Highly entertaining, probably, no: certainly not for everyone, but the original DADA-ists didn't perform as a mainstream during their times either!
on 14 September 2000
From the outset, the name calling, cerebal cicanery, political smokescreen and perverted English, raises a flag for the Anarchist in anyone who finds themselves among the pages of this masterpiece. This book is so blindingly original, emulators will simply betray themselves. 'In his own right' is the stronger of the two. Using prose and poetry, it sends a stick of dynamite up the arse of TV, Taboo's, Politics and winds up paranoid socially depraved individuals. The pioneering wordplay is adictive (Harold Wilson becomes 'Harob Wilfun'). The second 'Spaniard' focuses more on acerbic and perverted tales(in the true sense!). Irresistable following the mind bomb of the previous collection.
No flies on this one as you will read!
on 3 January 2010
Hello,
I have been reading this book since I was 15 in 1973, but I lost the two originals that I had. This combination is very good.So funny and sick to boot. You would not get away with it nowadays. Great. Graham Beeby
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 May 2009
I read bits of this when I was at school in the early '70's. I recently bought the double pack edition, and its so subtle , so funny , so Lennon . The observations are so accurate for such a young man , he didn't miss much!
on 5 November 2013
Amazing book, really cheap and really interesting. Would definitely recommend people to buy it if you love John Lennon/the Beatles
on 17 February 2014
Brings back so many memories of when I first read it in the early 70s as a teenager. Pity it is all he had published.
on 10 August 2010
The book was sent in a very timely manner ...the book was in great shape ...had been looking for a long time! Thanks!
on 9 August 1999
A wonderful book highlighting the genius of the great man, John Lennon. The funniest thing I have ever read, each time I pick it up, I find something new to chuckle over. A must for anybody who considers themselves a fan