VINE VOICEon 25 October 2001
M*M* a gorgeous deck. Based on greek mythology it shows in wonderful pictures the sort of symbolism of the RW.
You dont need to be a scholar in Greek mythology to understand it :) which is fab for us who are interested but not all that down with it :P
One nag i do have is that this deck doesn't include a little leaflet with the basic meanings - so make sure you know the meanings of the cards well or have a good book to read from
Blessings Bat ~0~
on 6 October 2000
I have read books on tarot for beginners and by reading them I got really interested in them. And these cards are great for learning the tarot and the magic behind telling the future or anything you need to know.
on 25 September 2002
I have been a Tarot card reader for many years now and this is the pack I have always used. The images help beginners to learn the basic meanings of the cards but also contain deeper messages that can be picked up by the more experienced reader. Most importantly of all, this pack has a very positive Death card; the image is stern but welcoming and it emphasises the true meaning of this card - rebirth.
Tried and Trusted. I will never use another!
on 1 January 2002
This was my introduction to the Tarot, and it really taught me a lot. By linking the cards to Greek mythology, I learned the meanings of them much more quickly. The Tarot no longer seemd like a mystery, but like a wise and kind friend who told me what I needed to know. The artwork is also wonderful. I would recommend this to anyone interested in both mythology and the Tarot.
on 30 November 2000
Very warm feelings from these cards. They have lovely art and are very easy to get to grips with. Beginners and old hands alike will find them uplifting, stimulating and communicative.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 15 April 2014
I understand that this particular deck, although popular, is now "out of print", subsequently, it is very difficult to find it anywhere at a reasonable price. I was therefore delighted (and a little incredulous) to find it here on Amazon, offered by one of the Marketplace sellers for just £12.80, including postage. I ordered it with some misgivings, but all was well - I received a beautiful pack in excellent condition - still sealed, good quality card, and looking brand new. Unfortunately for other customers, this appeared to be a "one-off" opportunity for this listing - I haven't seen it at anywhere near this price again. It varies enormously between the different Marketplace sellers, and I do mean "enormously" - one pack is advertised at nearly £1,000!
So ..... if you really want this pack for a sensible price, it is worth keeping an eye on this particular listing - you never know, you might hit lucky.

It is a very attractive deck, with beautiful classical style illustrations, very well designed. Even if you didn't do readings (I don't), you would probably appreciate the beauty of the pictures.

I bought it for my friend, who has wanted it for some time, and she is delighted with it, although I had to reassure her that I had not paid over the odds for it. She explained that having the "right" cards can make a big difference to a reading. She feels comfortable with this deck, and it is often her first choice for readings.
on 22 November 2002
This was the first Tarot deck I bought and I found that it was difficult to relate the images to "teach yourself tarot" books, as the images veered quite widely from the Rider-Waite and Marseilles decks. I have fared much more easily with the beautiful Morgan Greer deck, which is more closely associated with the Rider-Waite, and thus more easily relateable to tarot manuals. I think I'll get a lot more out of the Mythic Tarot as I become a more expert reader.
on 9 June 2009
I have always used the mythic tarot deck for the past 20 years and i don't really like any other deck. Great for beginners as the pictures depicted tell the story of that card and great as you learn about Greek Mythology to. Better to also purchase accompanying book if you don't already own it as this will help you with readings.
on 31 January 2014
I believe these cards are very hard to get hold of now so bought mine from a dealer on here (amazon) although my cards are older than new they are still very good cards. The images are basic for the newbie to tarot but in depth enough with images and symbology for an advanced reader truly excellent cards. The pictures are great!
on 9 August 2013
One, should never buy their own 'Tarot Cards' I was given the item being viewed as a gift over 10 years now, and take them every where I go - secondly, I do not charge for a reading, because - its a gift being able to read the cards, for which many reach out for a reading, mostly concerning relationship breakdowns, and find it hard to move on - same as health related issues which brings on depression - So, how can I charge those unfortunate groups of people!!

What is happening now? There are numerous Tarot readers out there who are frauds, there are other Tarot readers who are greedy, only in it for the money - eventually they end up as loser's once their clients catch on.

As far as I'm concerned, I am filled with confidence knowing I am able to see, predict, short, long-term issues.

And, in the event the client is not happy - I have nothing to lose - as No money exchanged!!