5.0 out of 5 stars The Most Accurate I Have Read and Well Worth Buying
Published on 3 July 2008 by J. Whitby

3.0 out of 5 stars Average
Even though it seemed comprehensive when looking at the contents page and flicking across the book, I find many of the statements untrue to the delineation of my own chart. For example, I have a semi-square between Sun and Venus but my father is the opposite of refined and artistic, the rest of the descriptions concerning him on Pg 102 is untrue to the extreme! And I was...
Published 9 months ago by nowayout001

5.0 out of 5 stars The Most Accurate I Have Read and Well Worth Buying, 3 July 2008
J. Whitby (Wales, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Aspects In Astrology: A Comprehensive guide to Interpretation (Paperback)
I do not profess to be anything but an inexperienced person in this field, with only a basic knowledge of my own Aspects. A basic knowledge of one's own chart is inevitably needed in order to make full use of this book and if you have access to your natal chart you will reap wonders from the information in it. In my opinion, having read various books on astrology, this had the most meaning for me (probably because I have umpteen aspects in my astrological chart!)- so much of what she writes is true! Not only accurate but she has a way of putting a positive spin on the negativities associated with certain Aspects. I love this book more than any I have (and I have quite a few including Sasportas, The Twelve Houses) as it imbues me with optimism far more than any book on the subject has done. In my opinion this book is a necessity. I think it's the best yet!

5.0 out of 5 stars The only book you'll ever need on astrological aspects, 22 Aug 2001
By A Customer
Sue Tompkins' classic on planetary aspects is back in print. It's a worthwhile, highly readable examination of planetary combinations (eg. Sun-Jupiter, Moon-Saturn) as well as a comprehensive study of the actual aspects (conjunction, square etc.). I particularly liked the information on the angles, the keywords that introduce us to each planetary combination, as well as Tompkins' ability to present qualitative research, based on her many case studies, in a practical, matter-of-fact way.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent must-have volume on planetary combinations, 19 Sep 2007
I love this book: its depth and insight. In terms of analysing planetary combinations, there is absolutely no other book on the market that compares to this. I bought a new copy of this recently along with the author's new book, The Contemporary Astrologer's Handbook, which is a complete guide to chart interpretation, and I recommend both to fellow astrologers and students.

5.0 out of 5 stars a brilliant book on aspects beween planets, 21 July 2011
Mr. Robert Marsland (Glasgow) - See all my reviews
This is a wonderful and illuminating exploration of planetary aspects, giving a deep analysis of what individual configurations might mean in a natal chart, often tracing their background into early developments in a person's childhood. As with many classic astrology texts of the last twenty or thirty years though one wonders if there is not a case for a new edition including Chiron, which has surely earned its place in the astrological pantheon by now.

4.0 out of 5 stars A handy reference book, 25 May 2011
Elen M. Evans "snarly" (wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Aspects in Astrology (Paperback)
As a beginner at Astrology, I found this book very helpful interpreting aspects in a natal chart. However, this is not a book for 'skimmimg' through - you need to take your time and read carefully how each aspect applies to each situation. This book encourages the reader to use their own intuition, and come to their own conclusions.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Informative!, 11 Mar 2013
A very simple guide in understanding the deeper aspects of astrology. I would buy from this author again. Brilliant book, well worth the purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Astrology, 14 Aug 2011
Mjbrassington "MICKYBEE" (UNITED KINGDOM) - See all my reviews
I bought this book for my brother who absolutely loves the subject and the author.He finds her so easy to read and understand.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a fab book and one every student needs., 25 Aug 2001
By A Customer
The beauty of this book is that it is so obviously based on the writer's own experience and that somehow you just trust what she says. As a beginner, I found it very accessible but imagine it will still be useful when I am more experienced.

4.0 out of 5 stars Witty, 20 Nov 2013
I love Sue Tompkins witty way of writing. Her words bring to life astrology, dynamism to aspects enabling easy pinpointing of characteristics vital for interpretation.
What I sometimes felt was that words could be at times dry and I perceived a bit of bias towards Neptune but maybe it is me that while I was reading it I was/still am in a Neptune transit.

4.0 out of 5 stars Everything You Need to Know about Aspects, 10 Nov 2012
Miss M. L. English "Mary English" (Bath, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
As the astrological author of How to Survive a Pisces a series of Sun sign books, I know how important making your ideas clear to understand is.
Sue manages well to bring across what can be a difficult subject for a beginner.

In this comprehensive book she covers all the planets and their energies, how we divide the circle of a chart, then the names of all the angles between those planets.

So we get to learn about the conjunction (together) trine (120 degrees apart), opposition (as the name suggests) square (90 degrees apart) and sextile (60 degrees apart) and also the lesser aspects of quincunx, semi-square, semi-sextile and the awful sounding sesquiquadrate....don't be put off by the weird sounding names or think you have to understand any math/s.

You can rely on Sue's book to clearly explain, as she goes along what all these bits and bobs mean.

The most helpful chapter is 'Interpreting Aspects in Practice' as without some 'real life' examples, reading can be dry. So we get to work with the chart of Margaret Thatcher.

Then to make life even easier, she lists 'cookbook' style all the aspects that you can have between all the planets in your chart.
On page 97, she explains about the Sun being 'square' to the Moon: 'The individual usually has to work very hard to achieve real emotional security in life and a real sense of who they are'....as this is in my chart, I know how that feels!

Having it validated by someone I barely know, makes Astrology such a crazily accurate experience, and one that makes you realise it's not mere make believe. This is real-life!!

Great book, can't fault it in any way. if you're new to Astrology and want to learn more about the meanings of the planets in your chart located where they are in your chart and what it all means, with this book you have answers to those questions.

Aspects In Astrology: A Comprehensive guide to Interpretation
Aspects In Astrology: A Comprehensive guide to Interpretation by Sue Tompkins (Paperback - 2 Aug 2001)