5.0 out of 5 stars Something for Everybody
The little book of happiness should be owned by everyone. This tiny little book has a simple, non-cryptic message on every page and is perfect to dip into for a little inspiration.
Perfect for even non-spiritual people, this book suggests small and practical ways to change the way we think and interact with people to help us be happier in our every day life.
The...
Published on 6 April 2006 by HF

3.0 out of 5 stars Very Little!
Sweet little book and full of wisdom! Nice for a little extra pressie for someone, but it is very little.
Published on 30 Sep 2010 by J. Hobbs

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Something for Everybody, 6 April 2006
HF (Edinburgh, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Little Book Of Wisdom (Paperback)
The Dalai Lama takes a non-dogmatic approach to showing us that we don't need to change our environment to achieve happiness, but by making small changes to the way we think inside, we can achieve true and lasting happiness, not just for ourselves but for the people around us and the world as a whole.
I'm not even the slightest bit spiritual, but after reading this book, I was inspired to read "The Art of Happiness", also by the Dalai Lama. By taking on-board the simple advice offered, I am no longer stressed-out all the time, and find life a lot easier to take.
I thoroughly recommend this book to anyone at all.

5.0 out of 5 stars inspiring, 12 Jun 2002
This review is from: The Little Book Of Wisdom (Paperback)
I find this book amazing. Even for people who aren't buddhists, like me, it is inspiring. Just short little bites of wisdom that are easy to digest and I find really can help sort your head out in those very stressful times

5.0 out of 5 stars Little book of wisdom, 23 Oct 2011
This review is from: The Little Book Of Wisdom (Paperback)
The little book of wisdom is probably one the most concise books on personal mental health you can get.
Whilst there are many books out there of the same genre,what makes this little book stand out is it's easiness to read.
Although written from the perspective of a Buddhist,it does not criticise any religion or indeed asks that you believe in Buddhism,only that you are aware of just how much control you have over your own thinking & life's direction.
If approached with an open mind,one can easily see the ultimate message regardless of personal beliefs.
Produced in a way where it can be read as a sort of daily affirmation,I found this book to be of great help towards a better understanding of myself,my place in this world & everyone & everything around me.
The self,being the one true relationship where once understood,puts most if not all things into their proper perspectives is what this book intends to do in a simple,concise way.
(Each page has no more than a few sentences on varying subjects)
I often find myself buying this book for many people I know & meet who seem to be at a point in their lives where they need some help with regards to their personal well being,with a suprising degree of success - ie: In some small measure it helped them compartmentalise everyday difficulties which with an unhealthy mind can become intricate & un-necessarily problematic.
This book is not a magic wand,but if the teachings are applied to everyday thinking can certainly lead to a healthier frame of mind,which in the end,is what we all could do with.
I would recommend the Dalai Lama's little book of wisdom to anyone even mildly intersted in promoting within themselves &/or others a healthy way of thinking & living.
It has certainly helped me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Carry it everywhere, 3 Feb 2011
This review is from: The Little Book Of Wisdom (Paperback)
I carry this with me sometimes. You can open any page and find something that seemingly relates to the very moment you are in. It's like a Tardis, small, yet full of Wisdom. I enjoyed, gained, and gain still from having this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this book!, 26 Oct 2010
Y. Moscatelli - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Little Book Of Wisdom (Paperback)
This is a special little book, full of knowledge and wise words, delivered with gentle kindness. You can open it at any page and in reading, feel that you have been gifted with a thoughtful, honest moment that will rest within you through the day.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little book for the desk, 18 July 2013
This review is from: The Little Book Of Wisdom (Paperback)
I keep this book on my desk at work and refer to it anytime I feel stressed, angry or have any negative feelings in general. Great way to calm your mind and get rid of any negative thoughts.

One of my fave pages is " Ones own actions create ones life situation"

5.0 out of 5 stars absolutely lovely, 5 Sep 2011
This review is from: The Little Book Of Wisdom (Paperback)
i picked this up as a pick me up! it's a delightful little book of wisdom, perfectly pocket sized but easy to lose! I read one page every morning and think about the message throughout the day. I now find it easier to forgive and forget, move on and make the best of my life. Little motivations go a long way!

4.0 out of 5 stars will bring enlightenment to even the darkest souls., 10 April 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: The Little Book Of Wisdom (Paperback)
beautiful and kind words that can help with even the darkest times in our lives. Easy to read and easy to learn the wisdom that His Holiness the Dalai Lama writes, a must for everyone.

4.0 out of 5 stars the little book of wisdom dalo lama, 3 May 2013
This review is from: The Little Book Of Wisdom (Paperback)
Excellent seller received quickly. Can be a little hard going but if it's a topic that interests you, as me,, the txt keeps you interested, very interesting. I recommend this

2.0 out of 5 stars WAY smaller than it looks!, 8 Mar 2013
This review is from: The Little Book Of Wisdom (Paperback)
This book is only about 2" square and is way smaller than it looks so be prepared for a shock!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

The Little Book Of Wisdom
The Little Book Of Wisdom by Dalai Lama (Paperback - 6 July 2000)