Format: Paperback|Change

on 17 October 2001
In this small book the Dalai Lama speaks of compassion, anger, forgiveness of enemies, and living life in a truly more loving way. Though much of it seems familar to western ears [the ideas of love compassion and service are not unknown in western religion and philosophy], the simplicity of much of what the dalai lama says is refreshing. His own struggles with anger are interesting, and the prose, gleaned from past lectures, smooth and clean. I also highly recommend "Open Your Mind, Open Your Life: A Little Book of Eastern Wisdom" by Taro Gold which I found wonderfully enlightening.
11 comment|97 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 May 2001
The power and insight given by this little gem of a book comes from the simplicity of the Dalai Lama's words. His words and explanations speak directly to your heart showing how to bring love, peace and creative energy into the world. This little book is small enough to carry in your pocket - I find that whenever I need uplifting or inspiration I open it to exactly the right page!
on 9 April 2004
A perfect little book, so tiny yet full on easy to digest text from the most inspirational man. If you have an interest in Buddhism but are worried it will all be too much to take on board, this along with the Dalai Lama's other little books will give you the perfect start. You will want to read all his books once you start.
on 11 April 2012
Love this little book and read at least one page every morning. Gives you something to think about all day. Inspiring and a good read. Kind regards.
on 3 February 2011
I have never followed a religion, but if I did/do, I think this would be my path. This is a great overview to helping one understand Buddhism....All good.
on 19 June 2009
An Excellent little book to give spiritual inspiration when needed! Words of wisdom that touch the spot!!
on 13 July 2013
I was angry at something my mum said. This book helped me to reflect on my anger, and change how I felt about the situation. It's a step in the direction of the path I prefer to walk.
on 29 August 2012
This book is as the title says a little book of Buddhist wisdom. It is very easy to read but sure to inspire people.

The books teaches the basic principles of Buddhism, but key values to anyones life.
on 22 October 2015
This book is pretty good for anyone that is new to Buddhist or just has a keen interest in the religion. When the book arrived it was a lot smaller than I imagined — handheld in fact! I like to take this book with me when I am commuting by train or bus. It is very easy to read and full of positive quotes and sayings.

I like to start the day off with this book as it makes me feel uplifted and enlightened. You can easily finish reading this book in a couple hours, but it's the kind of book the you would be happy to read over and over again.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 21 January 2016
I really struggle to write reviews on books as I don't want to give the content away to anyone thinking of buying it themselves, so, instead, I'll just say if you've ever read any books on Buddhism before and loved the topic, you certainly won't be disappointed in this one, and if you've not read any Buddhism, where have you been? Go buy one now, you won't regret it! In this one, you'll find yourself immersed in eye opening quotes that will really make you sit and think. Not only is it a fantastic book, but quality wise it's perfect.