5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent little gem giving inspiration and insight.
Published on 28 May 2001

3.0 out of 5 stars strange!
I think I expect something different. I read in one go and had to return many times to get to understand meaning of Dalai Lama thoughts. I could talk about with another reader but not easy to recommend to everybody.
Published 8 months ago by Anna Bartz

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent little gem giving inspiration and insight., 28 May 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: The Little Book Of Buddhism (Paperback)
The power and insight given by this little gem of a book comes from the simplicity of the Dalai Lama's words. His words and explanations speak directly to your heart showing how to bring love, peace and creative energy into the world. This little book is small enough to carry in your pocket - I find that whenever I need uplifting or inspiration I open it to exactly the right page!

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, 17 Oct 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: The Little Book Of Buddhism (Paperback)
In this small book the Dalai Lama speaks of compassion, anger, forgiveness of enemies, and living life in a truly more loving way. Though much of it seems familar to western ears [the ideas of love compassion and service are not unknown in western religion and philosophy], the simplicity of much of what the dalai lama says is refreshing. His own struggles with anger are interesting, and the prose, gleaned from past lectures, smooth and clean. I also highly recommend "Open Your Mind, Open Your Life: A Little Book of Eastern Wisdom" by Taro Gold which I found wonderfully enlightening.

5.0 out of 5 stars A little gem, 9 April 2004
Petite Fleur (England or France depending on the weather :o)) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Little Book Of Buddhism (Paperback)
A perfect little book, so tiny yet full on easy to digest text from the most inspirational man. If you have an interest in Buddhism but are worried it will all be too much to take on board, this along with the Dalai Lama's other little books will give you the perfect start. You will want to read all his books once you start.

5.0 out of 5 stars Enlightening, 11 April 2012
This review is from: The Little Book Of Buddhism (Paperback)
Love this little book and read at least one page every morning. Gives you something to think about all day. Inspiring and a good read. Kind regards.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buddhist Inspiration, 19 Jun 2009
This review is from: The Little Book Of Buddhism (Paperback)
An Excellent little book to give spiritual inspiration when needed! Words of wisdom that touch the spot!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Overview, 3 Feb 2011
This review is from: The Little Book Of Buddhism (Paperback)
I have never followed a religion, but if I did/do, I think this would be my path. This is a great overview to helping one understand Buddhism....All good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 29 Aug 2012
This book is as the title says a little book of Buddhist wisdom. It is very easy to read but sure to inspire people.

The books teaches the basic principles of Buddhism, but key values to anyones life.

4.0 out of 5 stars thought provoking in a positive way, 13 July 2013
I was angry at something my mum said. This book helped me to reflect on my anger, and change how I felt about the situation. It's a step in the direction of the path I prefer to walk.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful book, 25 Nov 2011
This review is from: The Little Book Of Buddhism (Paperback)
What a lovely book of quotes, so tiny it fits in your pocket. I have bought 5 of these as stocking fillers. What ever page I open seems to answer what is on my mind, wonderfull, enjoy :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous little book full of wisdom, 25 Dec 2009
This review is from: The Little Book Of Buddhism (Paperback)
Buy it, you wno't regret it. I leave it around the home and pick up every now and again and read a page or two for wisdom.

The Little Book Of Buddhism
The Little Book Of Buddhism by Dalai Lama (Paperback - 2 Nov 2000)
2.50