Format: Paperback|Change

on 19 December 2002
If you like the kind of music featured on the "Classic Chillout" CDs, and you can play the piano, then this book has got to be your cup of tea.
It features some of the best bits from the CDs, including 2 relatively-easy Satie pieces, a more difficult Michael Nyman track from the film "The Piano", as well as Sakamoto's "Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence".
I'm not particularly good on the piano, but this book (with practice) has enabled me to make myself sound like I'm quite good. And it's genuinely enjoyable stuff to play.
on 7 December 2012
I was looking for easy arrangements and found them in this book. Would recommend it to anyone who can play a bit piano but is not a concert pianist
on 9 September 2012
Bought this collection to start with after a 6 years break and it's a great collection to start with and also improve your sight reading! Some pieces became true gems in our house! :)
on 29 January 2013
I have been searching for ages to find some nice pieces to pay. I am grade 4, so find some of he original arrangements still a little too difficult, but then ofen other books are way too easy. This book has great arrangements of some of the most beautiful pieces, sufficiently challenging, but not grade 6-7 material. Highly recommended!!
on 20 December 2010
It took a while to arrive but it is a good selection of piano solo pieces. There are a few I can't play but then I'm only a Grade 4-5 player. Nice mix.
on 30 January 2013
This book contains some pieces that are really satisfying to play. The arrangements are simple, without compromising on the music. It's difficult to gauge the level, but there are some easyish pieces (probably around grade 4/5) and a few a bit harder.
on 1 March 2014
This has been my best buy in piano music for a long time. Excellent selction/variation of chill out music to buy. Not too great at playing but enjoying playing these and thats what counts.
on 7 March 2015
I would say a mixture of grade 3 to high grade. I would say my grade is between 3 to 5. There is some nice pieces of reasonable standard but quite a few beyond me and I have no inclination to play anyway.
on 12 November 2014
After 20 years of not playing the piano I have recently taken up lessons again, and this has some amazing beautiful pieces in it. Can't put it down. Definitely Grade 5 ish.
on 6 July 2014
As a person revisiting the piano I find it a little tricky at this time

maybe if I persist in a year or to ... who knows