Format: Paperback|Change

on 8 August 2001
I found this really easy to use and understand after years of trying to get past a few basic chords. Photos and diagrams show you what to do and the CD demonstrates how to play everything. You're not left asking questions as with many guitar tutors.
on 29 January 2002
An excellent intro to Guitar playing. The book gets straight down to ez2-follow cord pictures - so that within an hour or so, you can play at least 3-4 cords. The lack of any proper songs with the book was a little disappointing, and the CD could have been longer. That aside, for the price - I'd recommend this book to any new starter.
on 21 December 2003
I got this book when I got my first guitar.
the diagrams are easy to understand (and you try explaining tab to a beginner) and the chord boxes are so simple and easy to understand.
the only problem I would say there is with this book, is that it is VERY basic. and because it explains things so well I got through it really quickly. so best to buy a more advanced book at the same time, but this is an excellent tool to give a good grounding in the basics. and you'll get nowhere without solid foundations.
on 2 March 2001
This book is great, it tells u everything u need to know to start playing the guitar. An absoulute must if u want to learn the guitar!
on 1 January 2012
Excellent book for beginners, very clear and straight forward to follow, highly recommended and truly does help you develop skills very quickly.
on 19 July 2010
I can not play the guitar, but I bought this with my first one.
So as a very beginner learner, I have found this very useful. Pictures, descriptions and the CD all very helpful. It has helped get me started which will keep me going until my guitar lessons.
It is a beginners guide. Anyone with experience will find this book pointless. Therefore I would only recommend it to a first time starter.
on 18 July 2011
I am brand new to guitar and from reading the reviews choose to go with this one for my first steps. Usual High standard of service from Amazon. I found this book very useful and for the majority easy to follow. For me personally and being brand new to guitar I did find towards the end of the book we jumped from doing simple things maybe a bit to early into something more advance difficult. To be fair though if you can nail the more advanced stuff this book is brilliant. Once I do get more time I will cary on with this book and buy the second version.
on 10 December 2010
for someone just starting to play this is just what you need, basic understanding of what you need to know.
on 18 November 2012
this was great value an it dose what it says on the cover exelllent easy to understand ,what morecan a budding rock star want
on 1 January 2014
Great to learn the guitar some fab tips in it a good little book for someone starting out and learning the basics