5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent !
Published on 7 Jun 2011 by Mr. M. A. Williams

2.0 out of 5 stars Good, but much too short
This book is very easy to understand, and explains the basics brilliantly, but is only 40 pages long. When I opened the delivery package I thought that I had received a pamphlet not a book! If you want something substantial which will take you more than a couple of hours to read then look elsewhere.
Published on 10 Feb 2008 by A. Jay

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent !, 7 Jun 2011
This review is from: Absolute Beginners: Keyboard (Paperback)
A really excellent book, teaches everything beginners need or would want to know when starting to learn piano. It's very quick and easy to follow including a pull-out manual. CD is very useful. I'm really happy with this purchase, I would definately reccomend this book and possibly buy the rest of the "absolute beginners:keyboard" series. Was considering piano lessons, but not anymore with this book. Superb ! :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent first book, 6 Mar 2011
This review is from: Absolute Beginners: Keyboard (Paperback)
This book is a great first lesson book for an adult learner. The pace of the lessons and CD makes learning interesting and fun. I have worked through the book in a couple weeks, practicing a bit everyday and already I feel I have acheived a lot!

4.0 out of 5 stars Okay, 6 Mar 2010
This review is from: Absolute Beginners: Keyboard (Paperback)
There is nothing wrong with the book but we all have slightly different learning needs. I am not musical, cannot read music and found that the book went too fast for me. I have got a child's book where I can slowly learn each note individually and will go back to this book when I have more confidence. I need quick wins to keep motivated and am pleased to be able to play Hot Cross buns (it is only 3 notes).

5.0 out of 5 stars Keyboard Book, 23 May 2011
Mr. Dj Smith "D.Smith" (Bristol, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Absolute Beginners: Keyboard (Paperback)
After many a long year, I decided at 57 to re-start to learn the keyboard once again.
Found the book a valuable asset to getting to grips with the instrument again.
Easy to follow, easy to read.
Just what we older types like..

2.0 out of 5 stars Good, but much too short, 10 Feb 2008
A. Jay (Weston-super-Mare) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Starter for Beginner Keyboard Players, 5 Jan 2008
N. Collins - See all my reviews
This review is from: Absolute Beginners: Keyboard (Paperback)
This book is set out very well and is easy to understand and read. The whole idea of this book is that you work through it at your own pace performing the given pieces.
The Book's free CD is Very helpful as you can listen to how a certain piece should be played and then use the given backing track to perform that piece. At the end of the book, other great books and songs for you to work through are recomended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Basic beyond basic, 5 May 2013
This review is from: Absolute Beginners: Keyboard (Paperback)
It does what it says on the cover, but it is very basic, it should be called "My first ever piano lesson". That's where it starts and finishes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good introduction, 6 Mar 2013
This review is from: Absolute Beginners: Keyboard (Paperback)
As I'm new to keyboards I find this book very informative. It answered several question and has helped me get started

4.0 out of 5 stars learn to play, 30 Dec 2012
This review is from: Absolute Beginners: Keyboard (Paperback)
quite good and has got me started, as well as reading music. Would have liked a few more songs to play, though. Gave me confidence to buy a new keyboard which has a brilliant b uilt in tutor. Had no instructions for the old one.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Beginners' Book, 13 Jun 2012
This review is from: Absolute Beginners: Keyboard (Paperback)
This book is really helpful for beginners especially with the CD that is included. It is easy to read and understand, and the diagrams are very good. It also explains how to read music in a very simple way. There is a good range of tunes/songs to play as well.

Absolute Beginners: Keyboard
Absolute Beginners: Keyboard by Wise Publications (Paperback - 5 Sep 2001)
6.26