4.0 out of 5 stars A great book for any Smiths fan
Very impressive and useful for someone like me who has been playing guitar for a few years but is by no means an expert.

The chord arrangements are clear and, for the most part, accurate.

A pro would not find this book useful as it supplies only chords and not tabs but then I don't think it's aimed at pros.

I've had this book a couple of...
Published on 30 Dec 2008 by Tim Holman

3.0 out of 5 stars A little bit of a disapointment!
Published on 28 Oct 2008 by A. Ochia

3.0 out of 5 stars A little bit of a disapointment!, 28 Oct 2008
A. Ochia (Aberdeen, Grampian United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Smiths Complete Chord Songbook (Paperback)
This book is a little bit of a disappointment. Sure it does what it says on the tin and shows chord arrangements for all of the recorded Smiths output. These arrangements seem to have been constructed by a total "muso" who has no understanding of the methods and techniques of Johnny Marr (Smith's guitarist and co - songwriter). To even attempt to recreate the Marr's songs, even for strummers, there has to be an understanding of his extensive usage of open chord tunings. Songs like Headmaster Ritual and Cemetry Gates are played in this manner and the former is virtually impossible to play outwith this manner of tuning (as the overly elaborate chords illustrate in the book)

I would recommend the book as some of the more straightforward songs are transposed well enough but the more advanced guitarist should venture onto You Tube on the internet and see examples of how to really play these songs.

4.0 out of 5 stars A great book for any Smiths fan, 30 Dec 2008
This review is from: The Smiths Complete Chord Songbook (Paperback)

The chord arrangements are clear and, for the most part, accurate.

I've had this book a couple of months and am still using it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, Good for the Beginner, 30 May 2007
Vin_21 (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Smiths Complete Chord Songbook (Paperback)
I brought The Smiths Complete Chord Songbook from Amazon last year and its totally amazing. The Songs have all been arranged in to chords which means its great for the begginer and you can start playing straight away, though I advise buying a Capo and a decent tuner as some songs like Bigmouth Strikes Again, There is a light that never goes out, Stop me and This Charming Man require the use of a Capo or change in guitar tuning.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT!!, 17 Sep 2008
This review is from: The Smiths Complete Chord Songbook (Paperback)
If you like The Smiths and want to play along on the guitar, this book is a must!
J. Marr's music arrangement shows just how simple some of the songs are to play but there are also some quite tricky ones too!

Get this book and play along - NOW!

2.0 out of 5 stars Moaning mini, 6 Jan 2014
This review is from: The Smiths Complete Chord Songbook (Paperback)
Oh my, what a bunch of moaning buffers. I lived through a war and my hubby left me twice once for a lady who smelled of palm violets and another time just for the fun of it. So I have to say like the 'Americans' would 'GET A LIFE.'
If I moaned on like what his name... Morresy silly name can't even spell it.? I would slap myself very hard indeed.
I thought Northern folk were made of stronger stuff.Jimmy Tarbuck knew how to cheer us up. That lovely gap in between his teeth.Also he was always smiling even when the chips were down.

5.0 out of 5 stars So excited!, 28 Feb 2011
This review is from: The Smiths Complete Chord Songbook (Paperback)
I was so excited to get this cord book for my son's birthday. He loved it! It was a good book.

1.0 out of 5 stars wrong chords as usual, 12 Feb 2011
This review is from: The Smiths Complete Chord Songbook (Paperback)
I should've known better as most songbooks (and, indeed, web pages' chords and tabs) like this are badly transcribed and are incorrect. I was tempted by thinking "that'd be nice, saves me transcribing them myself". As it is, a complete waste of money. I'm sure Johnny Marr would no be impressed.

The Smiths Complete Chord Songbook
The Smiths Complete Chord Songbook (Paperback - 21 Sep 2005)