5.0 out of 5 stars A simple UK focused guide to GPS
This is a reasonably up to date guide to the fast moving world of GPS that reveals what you can and can't do with your gps. For the UK user this will help you make some sense of settings, grid systems and the differences between waypoints, trackpoints and routes. It shows how much is available on the internet to enable you to use your gps to its maximum. The book is a...
Published on 11 July 2008 by P. Coates

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed
Previous reviews have been very good for this but unfortunately I did not find it so.
It is written for a Garmin etrex H which I have but it tells me all the obvious things & not how to really use it.
If you are a REAL novice to maps perhaps it is OK
The Garmin instructions for the old model (not the present one) which are still available on line are nearly...
Published on 23 Oct. 2011 by A. E. Roberts

5.0 out of 5 stars A good place to start, 16 Oct. 2013
This review is from: GPS for Walkers: An Introduction to Gps,Digital Maps and Geocaching (Pathfinder Guide) (Paperback)
This is a good introduction to getting started with my Dakota 10. I just couldn't have got on with the Dakota 10 without it.

5.0 out of 5 stars useful information for walkers, 14 Jun. 2010
M. T. Harris - See all my reviews
I wanted to get to know about walking with GPS machines and this book gave me all I needed to know plus. Well written and easy to follow without too many technical details. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Starter book, 18 Feb. 2013
For those starting on the GPS trail a great booklet go for it. Amerson requests more words but more are not necessary.

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful publication, 28 Sept. 2013
Dr. N. WOODRUFF (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
As a late comer to GPS for walking navigation it's an essential item for greater understanding and using my gps

3.0 out of 5 stars route planning ?, 20 Nov. 2013
it helped me as a total beginner, but after reading and re-reading I still haven't got the very basics of using it with a computer, put in way marks,plot a route. naa. doesn't work for me. maybe its the garmin. maybe its me but after hours of playing I still cant download a route. unfortunately this book does not help

5.0 out of 5 stars superb, 26 Aug. 2011
Bought this as I did not understand GPS

Excellent book, easy to read.

I wouldn't claim to be an expert now, but I am more knowledgeable thanks to this book

Get it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely perfect !, 21 Jan. 2011
I've been walking the same route for about a year and went out and treated myself to a GPS (the Garmin Dakota 20). I couldn't work out how to use it.....

I then bought this book, and it explains everything a newcomer like me needed to know about GPS for walking.

The book is VERY current and up-to-date in the fast moving areana of GPS devices for Walkers, and I was very grateful for that.

I can thoroughly recommend this book - it isn't very expensive, and it's a very quick and interesting read (I read mine in a couple of hours).

Totally clued up now and ready to move onto the next step, being buying some maps for my GPS device, sorting out some great walks nearby and getting out there !

Have fun !

5.0 out of 5 stars Spot on, 26 July 2011
P. Wellings "96 Rifles" (Cheshire UK) - See all my reviews
Very concise and easy to follow. I've owned a ETREX H for 3 years but found the product instructions confusing. This book simplifies everything.

3.0 out of 5 stars OK as an Introduction, 21 Dec. 2011
I. Evans (West Yorkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
Purchased as recommended and good as a basic introduction but perhaps I was hoping for a bit more than the basics.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 8 Sept. 2014
Good book, great for a beginner to GPS